• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

3 new pieces today! :banana:

John Livesay added his awesome inks to my Harley Quinn Project.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1144126

0ADDF604-D1F2-4BBB-B9E9-0B2327262EF1_zpsuormfzig.jpg

Then current Harley Quinn artist, Chad Hardin got in on the act.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1144134

E33B7583-314E-446A-8451-EE409553A850_zpsd7jn1soo.jpg

And to top it off, Pepe Larraz had Thor claim the " Iron" Throne!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1144137

image_zpsb6c71458.jpg

I'm finally getting my Hero Initiative sketch!

iKL8r5GS_1307140822281.jpg

Really proud of this one. Its the last sketch Walt is doing for the Hero Initiative, at least for the time being. Im happy that it turned out so well.

Just finished unwpacking this:

mayoredsonja.jpg

at 23"x30" it's just stunning in-person. A scan does not do it justice. I can't wait to get this piece on my wall.

Bad :headbang:

mayoredsonja.jpg

at 23"x30" it's just stunning in-person. A scan does not do it justice. I can't wait to get this piece on my wall.

You should see this on the wall. I already got it back from the framer, and it's proudly up on the wall. I've had a few OA pieces that I really liked, but I can honestly tell you that I love this piece in-person. Some would say it's an unnatural love... lol

One of two pieces I bought this week. I pick up the other one tomorrow.

I am very excited to own this piece. I think its one of the best Cylon images from Marvel Comics done for Battlestar Galactica. pencil and ink by Dave Cockrum. Was used in 3 books; Marvel Super Special 8, the interior cover for the Treasury edition, and the paperback. Extremely tough to find decent Marvel Battlestar Galactica pages, so I consider myself very lucky even though I probably overpaid market wise lol

bsg011_zps6f691e0d.jpg

mayoredsonja.jpg

You should see this on the wall. I already got it back from the framer, and it's proudly up on the wall. I've had a few OA pieces that I really liked, but I can honestly tell you that I love this piece in-person. Some would say it's an unnatural love... lol

I think you should show pics......of it framed, not of your 'unnatural love' :eek:

Thanks to Will Gabri-el, some fun stuff arrived today!

MTU 150: X-Men & Spidey vs Juggernaut

2819ix.jpg

Very cool Kupperberg Invaders page

4uurro.jpg

And he even threw in this nice Vosburg splash

slof2d.jpg

Fun stuff! Will remains the most pleasant and responsive art dealer I've dealt with. Wish more would follow his lead!

With SDCC this week, I thought I'd post a Superman Pop Art piece, which grabbed my attention at the May ComicLink auction.

José Luis García-López drew this iconic Superman DC Style Guide cover in 1994. Later, celebrated pop artist and Warhol understudy Steve Kaufman ("SAK") created a pair of hand-colored silk screen prints using this art, and Warner Brothers sold a limited edition Superman SAK watch.

Curiously, this may be the rare exception where a published image (SAK art) is more valuable than the original art. :insane:

ieYBOGLY_2306141712541.jpg

Click for larger image

dEf9YV40_2306141714411.jpg

This was sandwiched in the middle of my SDCC thread. In case you didn't wade through that thread, here's my one OA purchase at SDCC. A couple of Seth pages from "The Great Northern Brotherhood of Canadian Cartoonists".

DSC_0179-a.jpg