• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,756 posts in this topic

Just got my first published cover from Keron Grant, I think it's an amazing piece - but I got it for a mere fraction of my max bid, so maybe I'm the only one who truly likes Grant ;-) You can see the piece here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1343221

It's ink on Vellum, I've never tried that before, I hope it's not harder than usual to preserve...

Best,

Rune

You're not the only one, although I was surprised too that it went as low as it did. I picked up a Ninjak cover he did for Valiant at ECCC this year. It's also an ink on vellum piece. It's currently at the framer, and like you I'm interested to see how the mounting/framing works out and how well it holds up over time. Guess we'll see!

Ninjak #12 Cover:

NinjakIssue12Cover_zps09yzoaok.jpg

Mike

Big fan of his work. I commissioned him to do Wolverine for me.

Just got my first published cover from Keron Grant, I think it's an amazing piece - but I got it for a mere fraction of my max bid, so maybe I'm the only one who truly likes Grant ;-) You can see the piece here:

It's ink on Vellum, I've never tried that before, I hope it's not harder than usual to preserve...

Best,

Rune

You're not the only one, although I was surprised too that it went as low as it did. I picked up a Ninjak cover he did for Valiant at ECCC this year. It's also an ink on vellum piece. It's currently at the framer, and like you I'm interested to see how the mounting/framing works out and how well it holds up over time. Guess we'll see!

Ninjak #12 Cover:

Mike

Who would you consider the best and most reasonable artist today to do a Wolverine commission (X-men cartoon version, cross between Byrne yellow costume and Jim Lee yellow costume)?

Best,

Rune

Ninjak #12 Cover:

Mike

Who would you consider the best and most reasonable artist today to do a Wolverine commission (X-men cartoon version, cross between Byrne yellow costume and Jim Lee yellow costume)?

Do you want someone that has worked with Wolverine or just any artist?

Best,

Rune

Ninjak #12 Cover:

Mike

Ideal is someone who has worked on him. Jim Lee is not an option and Byrne is too expensive for a X-Men figure and don't always know what you will get.

Best,

Rune

Ninjak #12 Cover:

Mike

Ideal is someone who has worked on him. Jim Lee is not an option and Byrne is too expensive for a X-Men figure and don't always know what you will get.

Ron Garney and Mark T seems reasonable. I'm actually going to ask Ty Templeton to commission be homage to Hulk 181 with batman.

I received the Eternal Warrior 12 Cover in the mail today. I forget if I posted the Trimpe Indiana Jones art though... so there you go with that as well...

2E9CB2D8-9A87-489C-B1AF-524054C2A5FB.jpg

Wrath%20of%20the%20Eternal%20Warrior%2012%20Cover.jpg

Wrath%20of%20the%20Eternal%20Warrior%2012.jpg

Best,

Rune

Ninjak #12 Cover:

Mike

Good to read that there are some fans of Grant's great art in here (thumbs u The Ninjak #12 cover is simply amazing :applause: - of course it may be more cerebrally taxing than more simple and straight--forward pieces, but that's just the great thing about Grant's work, at least some of his pieces: they often make you stop and think "what going on here?". Also the art style is special, I'm not sure it looks a lot like something you've seen before (then again, there may be many artists unknown to me).

I did find this Wolverine comission from Grant - it's a fantastic Wolverine piece:

KeronGrantWolverine_zpsa3xcmyeo.jpg

Maybe I should include pictures of my new OA cover and the published version:

14092016-1.JPG

14092016-2.JPG

I'm out of wall space, so this cover is also a test for my new Itoya Profolio 16" x 20" - the OA on Vellum is probably 14" x 19".

I received the Eternal Warrior 12 Cover in the mail today. I forget if I posted the Trimpe Indiana Jones art though... so there you go with that as well...

Very nice! Coincidentally enough, I just received the cover to #13 the other day.

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior #13 Cover by Al Barrionuevo

WrathOfTheEternalWarriorIssue13Cover_zps8mlhcb9z.jpg

Mike

Good to read that there are some fans of Grant's great art in here (thumbs u The Ninjak #12 cover is simply amazing :applause: - of course it may be more cerebrally taxing than more simple and straight--forward pieces, but that's just the great thing about Grant's work, at least some of his pieces: they often make you stop and think "what going on here?". Also the art style is special, I'm not sure it looks a lot like something you've seen before (then again, there may be many artists unknown to me).

Yeah, his work is definitely distinctive. I kept coming back to his table to check out that cover until I finally gave in and picked it up. :)

Nice guy to talk to as well.

Mike

Years ago (2013), I pledge to support Clint Hilinski's Superiors comic book on Kickstarter.

This week (about 33 months late), I received the package. Two comics and one page of the art.

I can say that I'm pleased. It's a fun book featuring parallel universes, super-heroes, super-villain dopplegangers, and a snappy pace. Good stuff reminiscent of the first comic I ever read - JLA 29, the first JLA/JSA/CSA meeting. No wonder I liked it with that as my starting point. :)

The art has a Perez/Crisis vibe to it. I really enjoyed it.

Anyway, I think the page I received is a delight and it's perfect for me since it features the bad guys.

Check it out and, if it interests you, contact Clint and get a copy.

As usual, click to embiggen:

AvC2kNqR_1609161451131gpadd.jpg

I decided to be patriotic and get some art from Filipino artists.

This first one is from Francisco Coching - "The Dean of Philippine Comics" - all the Ninos, Portacios, Alcalas, Redondos, Pagulayans, Segovias, Tolibas - all owe their success to Coching in one way or another. Here is art from 1949 which I feel blows away most of the 1949 art from that era:

Jy6YpMNT_0709160439191gpadd.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1341659

Here's another from Steve Gan, co-creator of Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy. This character Ang Panday is his co-creation from 1979, which spawned 6 movies and 2 television series here in the Philippines:

iixCGpAs_1109162027111gpadd.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1342708