• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Congratulations! I always enjoy a good art acquisition story that involves a tremendous hunt. This surely qualifies! It’s always great to hear art end up in a collection where it is likely most appreciated by that one collector. And paying “too much” is a matter of perspective – I am sure you don’t consider it to be too much (and glad nobody held you for ransom on the piece). I lost out on a piece in a similar manner 4 years ago and it recently popped up and I snagged it. I was happy to have it, even at a slight premium above market value. Great story!

Congratulations! I always enjoy a good art acquisition story that involves a tremendous hunt. This surely qualifies! It’s always great to hear art end up in a collection where it is likely most appreciated by that one collector. And paying “too much” is a matter of perspective – I am sure you don’t consider it to be too much (and glad nobody held you for ransom on the piece). I lost out on a piece in a similar manner 4 years ago and it recently popped up and I snagged it. I was happy to have it, even at a slight premium above market value. Great story!

Congrats to you as well! It really is a cool feeling to finally snag something you regret missing:) Far sweeter than having gotten it the first time!

Congrats to you as well! It really is a cool feeling to finally snag something you regret missing:) Far sweeter than having gotten it the first time!

Thanks. VERY cool to get the piece after the regret the first time around. My situation was slightly different as I was the under bidder on the item and I was willing to go higher so I have kicked myself these years for not bidding my max.

I've had this for over a year but only shared it in CAF now (I totally forgot to scan /upload it).

In a nutshell, I got the original art to the editorial cartoon that was published the day of my wedding on May last year.

So it's a pretty cool remembrance of that day.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1338543

...not sure if it qualifies as "comic art", but the artist also does comic strips in the paper or in other media.