• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Those are great! How did you set those up? Did you just contact him?

Define "reasonable"? I may have to look into this.

First, let me state that Douglas is one of the most geniunly nicest guys out there! !

O.K., with that unabashed asskissing out of the way (in case he stumbles on to this thread in a few years), I emailed him from his site ARSENIC LULLABIES and initially asked for him to contribute to my PREACHER cover gallery. Not only did he knock it out of the park, he is one of the quickest artists I have dealt with. So when my wife offered to get me a present and said I could get 5 covers from Douglas, I emailed him again. I should have all five done in about 5-6 weeks from the first email.

"REASONABLE" = I can afford it and I'm a lowly military enlisted guy and my wife Sells on eBay(please bid and support my OA habit) and I got 5 covers done. I am sure you can afford at least one. The best part is, from the time you get the idea, contact him and get the art in hand it is only a few weeks.

Edited by mister_not_so_nice

Been a good week this week for art for me..

Got this from Heritage

th_ASTA5p2.jpg

I always had a thing for dramatic pieces and this one has plenty of drama. From the goose-stepping Nazis to the power-mad Red Skull and the imposing backdrops. Bonus for me is the cool Dr. Doom cameo in the very last panel

Very cool. Is that the "Gunslinger" character from Dark Tower? Nice work on those demons too!

Chris,

Yeah that's the Gunslinger from the Dark Tower books. I've always been a huge fan of the books and I liked the comic series Marvel put out this year. I plan on having a bunch of different artists do their rendition of the character over the years. I have a few more that are being worked on. My ultimate commission would be a full painting of the character by Joe Jusko (I need to save up my pennies and wait till he starts taking commissions again) The demons are Slow Mutants from the books. Mike Wolfer is a real good guy. :cloud9:

Not a OA guy, but I a have a handfull of pieces that I have aquired over the years. This stuff is from a long time buddy, did some indy work in the 90's, not sure how much or if he is still into it. They are cool none the less.

scan0004.jpgscan0003.jpg

I have a few Kirby cap pages from the late sixties, which I am sure are worth a lot....but I wont be selling them ever so it doesn't matter, but I also have a Avengers issue #75 page 11 does anyone have an idea of its value???

Thanks in advance for comments.

Schommy!