• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,761 posts in this topic

Picked this up from Mikeyriffhard here on the boards. Next to the Brubaker Cap run going on right now, I thought the Waid /Garney run was the best Cap in the last 30 years. Was looking for a Garney Cap image & this fell into my lap. It was advertised as the "Doom" head being a stat, which was a turn off for me, but the price was dropped to the point I could overlook it. Received the piece & it turns out that Doom is actually drawn on the board with a zipatone overlay to create the "faded" effect. No stat makes me very happy!

cap1copy.jpg[/img]

I added some Marvel Adventures Spiderman pages to my CAF gallery (see link below) this week. I love the kid friendly title that re-tells the classic storylines with the classic villians. IMHO the manga inspired art works for a character like Spidey.

Cheers!

Nelson

Edited by NelsonAI

Ok, might as well flog my latest acquisitions.

First are some JR JR Thor pages featuring Thanos!

Thanos Half Splash!!

Thanos and Mangog DPS!!

Now the next is a more niche series. Did anyone read a miniseries called Griffin in the early 90's? It's a very niche following allowing me to get pages cheap! I've managed to get an example from every issue! If anyone has a better issue 2 page so I can upgrade, let me know.

Link to my Griffin Gallery

Thanks for looking folks!

Malvin

Picked these up from the artist (Rick Parker). A pure nostalgia purchase. It's hard to for me to believe these are 12 years old (1996). The title page splash is going to end up framed. :headbang:

Issue 22 page 1

bb1.jpg

Issue 22 page 2

bb2.jpg

These aren't new, but I finally got a digital camera and can show them off :applause: These are the plates from Jack Kirby's Gods series.

Heimdall

KirbyOAHeimdall.jpg

Balduur

KirbyOABalduur.jpg

Sigurd

KirbyOASiguyd.jpg

Honir

KirbyOAHonir.jpg

And some pages from Deep Fried (still learning how to take decent pics doh! )

DeepFriedOATitleSplash.jpg

DeepFried34Splash.jpg

DeepFriedOA2.jpg

DeepFriedOA1.jpg