• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Promotional Comic Books Here!!!!
7 7

869 posts in this topic

Great books as always Boot. I wonder how many of those elevating graders CGC has?

While it's always nice to see another copy of the old favorites, one more copy of say Detective 27 isn't as interesting as an obscure giveaway I never knew existed.

Boot, your inventory never ceases to amaze and delight. More EC's please. I know you got em; welcomebackpotter, too, if I'm not mistaken.

As rjpb said, unlike almost every other collecting thread, this one has the potential to show books that most of the board have never seen before. Promos blow the mind. I'll keep posting what I would call the bread and butter books.

When Newton Bigelow decided to begin using Blondie comics in his therapy in the 1950s, it was seen as a radical idea. Bigelow, though, who also innovated the use of group therapy to treat patients, felt that they got across issues in such a fashion that other forms just couldn’t do.

Initially, he used strips from Chic Young’s comic strip as examples of family interactions with his patients. He put together a calendar with examples of the strip and gave them out to patients. Later, when he became the Commissioner of New York’s Department of Mental Hygiene, he commissioned two special Blondie comic books from Chic Young just for this purpose:

"The dramatization of good mental hygiene in ordinary human relationships is particularly meaningful when the characters involved are as familiar as our next door neighbors."

Blondie1f100_zps50bca85a.jpg

Blondie2f100_zps3a775639.jpg