• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other than comics, what do you collect?
5 5

My Other Hobby  

5 members have voted

1. 1. My Other Hobby

440 posts in this topic

Hi, Comicwiz! Yes, my copy says all the above on the inside front cover. Does that make it a first print?

The last determinant is the date (year) of publication. What year does it mention on your copy? I'm at work right now, but I'll check my notes when I get back home, and check back here for your response later.

I collect wine in addition to comics. I have about 350 bottles at present. My focus tends to be on California and Washington cabs and Bordeaux-style blends from those regions, Australian Shiraz.

One Aussie Shiraz I can highly reccommend is the

"PENFOLDS BIN 28 Kalimna Shiraz 1999".

Truely a fantastic example of why Austrailia is producing some of the best Shiraz around.

Give it a try and let me know what you think, its fairly easy to find, and not too expensive.

Zeman

The wife of a good friend of mine is an executive with Southcorp. (which owns the Penfolds brand) so I've had it several times. A fantastic wine, especially for the price. I've had Aussies that cost three times as much that weren't half as good. thumbsup2.gif

I collect wine in addition to comics. I have about 350 bottles at present. My focus tends to be on California and Washington cabs and Bordeaux-style blends from those regions, Australian Shiraz.

One Aussie Shiraz I can highly reccommend is the

"PENFOLDS BIN 28 Kalimna Shiraz 1999".

Truely a fantastic example of why Austrailia is producing some of the best Shiraz around.

Give it a try and let me know what you think, its fairly easy to find, and not too expensive.

Zeman

I collect story ideas... gotta a filing cabinet full of them. Some are in the outline stage but many are only in jotted-on-a-scrap-of-paper condition.

Most are of modern vintage and are probably fairly common. A few are from the Bronze Age. There might be a couple of keys in there, but I'm not sure that I'm ever going to part with any of them to find out.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Besides of course comics, Original Art, (mostly splashes or covers), animation art, cartoon cells or sericells, Statues or busts that I say Wow when I look at them, and celebrity autographs.

I think I need a bigger house 893whatthe.gif

Lately, Ive started collecting limited edition busts and statues. Ive got two black stealth firefly GIJoe minibusts along with a chromed destro version, and cobra commander. I think they are pretty cool. Ive also been spying factory x stuff like iron mans helmet.

Love that Iron Man helmut, I gotta pick one up. I went to my buddys LCS and he had this Huge ( I mean friggin) HUGE Hulk head for sale, my 2 year old was with me and she freaked, she said "dadda muster" (daddy Monster) in 2 year old talk, I am tempted but my wife will kill me, very hard to hide something that big. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I went to my buddys LCS and he had this Huge ( I mean friggin) HUGE Hulk head for sale, my 2 year old was with me and she freaked

I don't blame her; that huge Hulk head is absolutely hideous. It looks like it has been sitting in the morgue for a few weeks! shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

here are a few piks of some of my bowen busts/statues,cards,etc....(solid wood curio with glass door,shelves and back walls...door is open to avoid glare).

Gman, that's really cool - when I have my own house I want to have a set up just like that! thumbsup2.gif

here are a few piks of some of my bowen busts/statues,cards,etc....(solid wood curio with glass door,shelves and back walls...door is open to avoid glare).

Gman, that's really cool - when I have my own house I want to have a set up just like that! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks!

Yep I have it in my living room and in the other corner is another curio with the crystal and such....always a topic of conversation when friends are over. Just won the bowen Black Bolt mini bust on ebay so will make to find room. 27_laughing.gif

Do you have any of the Sam Sawyer view master reels? They are clay or puppet looking dioramas. You might like them. Speaking of 50's exotica and record albums, you have stuff by Martin Denny, Arthur Lyman and Les Baxter? This is music I wouldn't be caught dead listening to as a teenager but now . . .it's kinda cool. blush.gif

hey ghoulaid, i do have 4 of the sam sawyer reels, i love them! Especially the one where he lands on the moon. I need 3 more i think... Yes, those are some records i go after, and i too would have thought them ridiculous, but i have been hooked for about 7 years now. I collect them in spurts, like vm reels. Really comics are the only constant. I did collect wackies, but sold most of them off to buy more comics. I kept about 50 of my favorites like brandyland, Famous mobsters, kook-aid & of course Band-ache!