• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Other than comics, what do you collect?
5 5

My Other Hobby  

5 members have voted

1. 1. My Other Hobby

440 posts in this topic

I have a couple of autograph baseballs ummmm When I was younger I had baseball cards, yugioh cards, ty beanie babies, and goosebumps books..dont laugh..Now just comics..

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I was just curious what other interests my fellow board members have besides comics. I have never collected traditional "action figures", however, following my passion for art and design, I have a collection of urban vinyl/art toys. This hobby began after a trip to New York three years ago where I visited a store called Kidrobot. The toys are designed by some of the most well known graphic designers and graffiti artists from around the world. I find the designs and artwork inspire me in much the same way comics have over the years.

So, what do you guys collect besides funny books?

If you like that,... I have a bud that makes these type of toys

Jamungo

He has a "batbrow" exclusive for the SD con:

Trevor VanMeter!

thumbsup2.gif

Oh yea, I'm a designer as well and I collect carded figs as well.

Images. Lots and lots of picture files (including anything interesting that has ever posted here).

Such as the animated gif ad banner for Gary the Rat from 2003 that I am currently using in my sigline. It's from before TNN became Spike.

If you like that,... I have a bud that makes these type of toys

Jamungo

He has a "batbrow" exclusive for the SD con:

Trevor VanMeter!

Those are awesome nerf. yay.gif

I like the Squbes on the Jamungo site too.

I collect books. Not rares or first editions, just run of the mill paperbacks and hardcovers. I just enjoy reading. grin.gif

I used to collect concert bootlegs, especially the Grateful Dead. I had something like 50 of their shows, but gave and traded a bunch away. crazy.gif

unopened nintendo video games smile.gif (my avatar is one also) Pic below is one of the victims I had to give up to afford the one in my avatar!

harvestmoon.jpg

Images. Lots and lots of picture files (including anything interesting that has ever posted here).

Such as the animated gif ad banner for Gary the Rat from 2003 that I am currently using in my sigline. It's from before TNN became Spike.

Cool! For awhile I was collecting the google themed images. For anyone who hasn't noticed, they usually change their logo at different times of the calendar year, so they'll have a themed logo for Christmas, the Olympics, the World Cup, etc.

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I was just curious what other interests my fellow board members have besides comics. I have never collected traditional "action figures", however, following my passion for art and design, I have a collection of urban vinyl/art toys. This hobby began after a trip to New York three years ago where I visited a store called Kidrobot. The toys are designed by some of the most well known graphic designers and graffiti artists from around the world. I find the designs and artwork inspire me in much the same way comics have over the years.

So, what do you guys collect besides funny books?

I also collect Kidrobot toys! Luckily, there's a Kidrobot store in San Francisco. Lately, I've been trying to collect Rocketworld I.W.G. toys:

Insurgents Wilderness Grouppo

I find them designed really well, and I love the ironic use of weapons. I'm a little late to find them, though, so I only have a couple of the bears.

I collect books too. Right now it's mainly books on tennis. Not instructional--tennis history, biographies, and such.

Of course I end up with a lot of military history books too but that's so broad I don't feel I'm "collecting" them.

Maybe in a sense I collect most books by Wallace Stegner, John Updike, and Ernest Hemingway.

I collect books about comics too, of course.

Sooner or later I will build a complete set of Dragon magazine as well.

Marc

Very nice Shep....even the beat up ones are expensive.

I collect and restore 893whatthe.gif Redline Hotwheels from the 1968-1973 era... here are a few beaters that I have cleaned up over the years.

Edited by kidcolt