• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

A couple of mini-groups I've been working on are now done.

Dell war bond issues from 1944 (left) and 1945. These are comics I routinely show to non-comics folk who visit. I've found that these almost always attract interest, even more than some of the more 'recognisable' titles.

dell_war_bonds.jpg

Looking through Gerber, I notice the 1944 war bond shows up on a couple of issues of Target Comics - which I'd like to add to this group at some stage.

There's also a couple of other Patriotic/war bonds Dell covers from 1942 and 1943. I have a couple, but I'm looking for Animal Comics #9 and WDC&S #20 if anyone has a lead on them...

Dell war bond issues from 1944 (left) and 1945. These are comics I routinely show to non-comics folk who visit. I've found that these almost always attract interest, even more than some of the more 'recognisable' titles.

dell_war_bonds.jpg

Looking through Gerber, I notice the 1944 war bond shows up on a couple of issues of Target Comics - which I'd like to add to this group at some stage.

There's also a couple of other Patriotic/war bonds Dell covers from 1942 and 1943. I have a couple, but I'm looking for Animal Comics #9 and WDC&S #20 if anyone has a lead on them...

now that is a cool, well themed group shot (thumbs u

Great books and photo, Andrew! Well done! :headbang:

dell_war_bonds.jpg

Outstanding grouping with an important and historic theme :applause:

dell_war_bonds.jpg

Gotta love the money shot :grin:

Cross-posted in Fiction House because it's not really a standard group shot.

As many of you know, I've been working on a Sky Girl set of Jumbo Comics. That means, for a long time (years) my significant GA purchases have been Jumbos. I'm two away from the 68-130 run, but too impatient to wait to show it off. So after a few hours of scanning, here's my Jumbo Comics collection:

th_JumboComics21.jpgth_JumboComics29.jpgth_JumboComics31.jpgth_JumboComics47.jpgth_JumboComics56.jpg

th_JumboComics65.jpgth_JumboComics66.jpgth_JumboComics68.jpgth_JumboComics69.jpgth_JumboComics71.jpg

th_JumboComics72.jpgth_JumboComics73.jpgth_JumboComics74.jpgth_JumboComics75.jpgth_JumboComics76.jpg

th_JumboComics77.jpgth_JumboComics78.jpgth_JumboComics79.jpgth_JumboComics80.jpgth_JumboComics81.jpg

th_JumboComics82.jpgth_JumboComics83.jpgth_JumboComics84.jpgth_JumboComics85.jpgth_JumboComics86.jpg

th_JumboComics87.jpgth_JumboComics88.jpgth_JumboComics89.jpgth_JumboComics90.jpgth_JumboComics91.jpg

th_JumboComics92.jpgth_JumboComics93.jpgth_JumboComics94.jpgth_JumboComics95.jpgth_JumboComics96.jpg

th_JumboComics97.jpgth_JumboComics98.jpgth_JumboComics99.jpgth_JumboComics100.jpgth_JumboComics101.jpg

th_JumboComics102.jpgth_JumboComics103.jpgth_JumboComics104.jpgth_JumboComics105.jpgth_JumboComics106.jpg

th_JumboComics107.jpgth_JumboComics108.jpgth_JumboComics109.jpgth_JumboComics110.jpgth_JumboComics111.jpg

th_JumboComics112.jpgth_JumboComics113.jpgth_JumboComics114.jpgth_JumboComics115.jpgth_JumboComics116.jpg

th_JumboComics117.jpgth_JumboComics118.jpgth_JumboComics119.jpgth_JumboComics120.jpgth_JumboComics121.jpg

th_JumboComics122.jpgth_JumboComics123.jpgth_JumboComics124.jpgth_JumboComics125.jpgth_JumboComics126.jpg

th_JumboComics128.jpgth_JumboComics129.jpgth_JumboComics130.jpgth_JumboComics139.jpgth_JumboComics148.jpg

th_JumboComics148.jpg

Fabulous Jumbos. :golfclap:

I've just bought a few Wings - starting to think that Fiction House might feature big in my future. These seem to be great books that are reasonably priced - just my mark.

TOPS are very cool magazines! Thanks for providing the interior shot! (thumbs u

Long story, but I lost these books for over a year and just got them back:

4562612713_8598fc2ae2_b.jpg

cool, give us the cliff notes version (thumbs u

Chinese drywall, move back into your parents house along w/ wife and baby, move back home 9 months later and try to remember where you stashed everything :(

(thumbs u