• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

is eBay seller Ma4pres Terence Leder?

247 posts in this topic

Holy MOLY! I didn't know about these.

That's just nuts!!

Great job guys. ma4pres also goes by the name Mike Adams, Ryan/Robin Elliot

Someone should let dizneyart know what's going on. I still see him buy books.

Look at his current auctions. Looks like he is ready to take flight to the Bahamas since he has all the high priced stuff up all at once. I feel bad for the bidders since I would assume every book has been tampered with......................ouch.

I too have been saving scans of his wins to protect myself against his fraud. I've always avoided high grade Cheerio's because they would seem much easier to trim and press than full sized books.

I assume the same applies to squarebounds like his GS X-men 1 PGX 9.9. The general rules of trimming detection likely wouldn't apply - although pressing would be harder with the spine.

Anybody know if this is true (says buttock as he starts hoarding GSXMs with nice spines - soon to be digest sized... insane.gif)?

They not only missed trimmed books but someone frauduantly changed a 9.8 to a 9.9 using the same book PGX number. If it was PGX ouch that is the end of that company or it finally proves that terrance and PGX are the same person..... I am not an attorney but that is fraud.

This thread does need to be renamed and moved so the rest of the forumites can see this and get their expert opinions. PGX needs to go public on the change in GRADE with the same number.

Does PGX use the same serial number if it was a resub? Maybe it was resubbed in the same month because the submitter disagreed with the grade?

Not catching the trimming is inexcusable.

Look at his current auctions. Looks like he is ready to take flight to the Bahamas since he has all the high priced stuff up all at once. I feel bad for the bidders since I would assume every book has been tampered with......................ouch.

He put them up on 10¢ listing day for 10 days. That's what I did with my high ticket item.

Sure, but one can be chalked up to ineptness and the other to out and out criminal behavior.

Ineptitude? Are you sure? After the revelation of an "invite-only" restoration club, do you really think they just "accidentally" missed hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of books from the same person?

Who actually caught Ewert?

Sure, but one can be chalked up to ineptness and the other to out and out criminal behavior.

Ineptitude? Are you sure? After the revelation of an "invite-only" restoration club, do you really think they just "accidentally" missed hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of books from the same person?

Hey, you know darn well how I felt about that Ewert debacle. Do I feel that CGC knew the books were trimmed and slapped a blue label on them anyway? No. Do I feel that Daniel knew exactly what he was sticking his little blue label on? Yes.

It would be like if after everything has gone down, CGC decided to start slabbing Ewerts submissions again. Actually, it would be more like Ewert became CGC's new restoration detection expert.

Ewert simply took advantage of CGC's screwed up boyz club. CGC has themselves to blame for setting up the HiGrade County Club scenario, so I don't have no sympathy in that area. They created their own monster and got devoured by it.

Hey, you know darn well how I felt about that Ewert debacle. Do I feel that CGC knew the books were trimmed and slapped a blue label on them anyway? No. Do I feel that Daniel knew exactly what he was sticking his little blue label on? Yes.

It would be like if after everything has gone down, CGC decided to start slabbing Ewerts submissions again. Actually, it would be more like Ewert became CGC's new restoration detection expert.

Ewert simply took advantage of CGC's screwed up boyz club. CGC has themselves to blame for setting up the HiGrade County Club scenario, so I don't have no sympathy in that area. They created their own monster and got devoured by it.

But do you remember who exposed Ewert's trimming? I was on my hiatus when it all went down... confused-smiley-013.gif

Do you know that they are not both just inept or they are not both outright criminal? I'm not accusing either company of anything. I'm just saying neither one is perfect and I don't trust either one (at least not anywhere near 100%).

Oh, you mean Hammer? Yeah, I gave him a stinkin' badge for it.

So, it wasn't even a CGC person who detected Ewert's trimming? It was an outside source that FORCED CGC into action against Ewert?

And no one had a problem with that?

I reserve a very healthy amount of skepticism for anyone that presents themselves as my "protector". Anyone who thinks that CGC is the last line of defense hasn't been paying attention. But we've done this to death already. I'm just shaking my head at the mutiliation of these great little booklets.

Oh, you mean Hammer? Yeah, I gave him a stinkin' badge for it.

So, it wasn't even a CGC person who detected Ewert's trimming? It was an outside source that FORCED CGC into action against Ewert?

And no one had a problem with that?

i wouldn't say "no one."