• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

ps im sorry for your loss.

pss do you want his address and phone number?

Thanks. The money is not important. It's more that's there's something deeply disturbing about a guy who would think of trimming Disney comics and try to sell them for a profit through numerous eBay shill accounts. Frankly, I'd be worried about any interaction whatsoever with such a lunatic and it is one of the reasons I am very careful about who I give my name and address.

Thanks for helping spread the word about him!

:headbang:

> Loc: Oregon Outback

Creepy.

Whatever - I live 250 miles from Eugene. There are some great dealers there that have been in business for 30+ years - I wouldn't paint them all with the same brush. Besides, what shows in your eBay profile is what you plug in anyway, so it's not like it's that accurate anyway. Just like here. Loc: blank - Creepy.

Oregon outback?I dont know where that would be.

Where Nevada, California and Oregon all come together...., care to disclose where you would be....,???

Lizards.

No offense meant.It was said in all seriousness.

I would never group all Oregon sellers together.There are good and bad ones.

Ahh...., I see. You don't care to answer the question. I just did an 850 mile tour of the state these past four days - went to Paisley, Silver Lake, Oakridge, Eugene, Florence, Yachats, Newport, Lincoln City, Portland, Eugene, Oakridge, Chemult, Chiloquin, Beatty, Bly.

My 10 year old loved the Sea Lion Caves, Oregon Coast Aquarium, etc.

Lizards.

No offense meant.It was said in all seriousness.

I would never group all Oregon sellers together.There are good and bad ones.

Ahh...., I see. You don't care to answer the question. I just did an 850 mile tour of the state these past four days - went to Paisley, Silver Lake, Oakridge, Eugene, Florence, Yachats, Newport, Lincoln City, Portland, Eugene, Oakridge, Chemult, Chiloquin, Beatty, Bly.

My 10 year old loved the Sea Lion Caves, Oregon Coast Aquarium, etc.

The Oregon coast is really cool!

I see about 8 or 10 contributors in this entire thread that are gone.

Time marches on.

[Edited: to remove all the comments I made about some of these people being dikks.]

Hi everybody. :hi:

Please hold all shenanigans that might get this thread locked until I have a chance to read through it. I know the effort is huge, but it is appreciated.

-noob :foryou:

You aren't a noob. There are far more nooby newbs than you.

cggus1794a.jpg

I know it's been said many times already, but dear God! 893whatthe.gif

You don't even need the before scan for this one, though with it it's even more damning. Unbelievable. I can't think of any single image I've seen posted here that has more succinctly sunk a grading company's credibility.

Look at the right side of the comic. assuming that the inside plastic holder is a straight edge and the left side of the comic lines up straight..follow the line of the comics edge with your eye and you will see it is not straight at all. the trim job is crooked. as the plastic holder line IS correct and true the comic edge is at an angle and seems to have a bump in the middle of the book and actually flair out towards the edge of the liner at the bottom!!

Ah, memories......

No kidding! It's hilarious seeing those "sugar shakes" trim jobs again. lol What the hell were they thinking? doh!

The Wowza post of the whole thread comes on page 10. The classic CSI moment...

As I mentioned in the 1st page of the original thread, the transaction I had with them was weird.

The info that ebay keeps on record for ma4pres is:

Christina Leder

4450 Hilton Drive.

Eugene, Or. 97402

(541) 521-2620

When she finally replied from christinascollectables@hotmail.com she gave me an address.

Terance Leder

PO. box 2423

Eugene, Or. 97402

Several days later, I sent another e-mail, and recieved a paypal payment from:

Dennis Hooker

293 West 7th

Eugene, Or. 97401

His e-mail address with paypal is: dhooker@pond.net

with an unconfirmed address, so I sent the book to Terrance.

We are talking about a $529 payment, so, I guess my point is: Who is Dennis Hooker? He must fit in here somewhere. The Leder's must have called him to make the payment. He typed in the subject matter manually with paypal.

This whole thread was a fun re-read and flashback to weirdness.

cggus1794a.jpg

I know it's been said many times already, but dear God! 893whatthe.gif

You don't even need the before scan for this one, though with it it's even more damning. Unbelievable. I can't think of any single image I've seen posted here that has more succinctly sunk a grading company's credibility.

Look at the right side of the comic. assuming that the inside plastic holder is a straight edge and the left side of the comic lines up straight..follow the line of the comics edge with your eye and you will see it is not straight at all. the trim job is crooked. as the plastic holder line IS correct and true the comic edge is at an angle and seems to have a bump in the middle of the book and actually flair out towards the edge of the liner at the bottom!!

:facepalm: