• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

Can someone give me the Coles Notes version of what happened here.

PGX is slabbing trimmed books.

Only these Golden Age trim jobs are so bad a blind man could see them, not like the micro-trimming CGC missed last year on JE's books.

Many suspect this was done with fraud in mind rather than by accident but no smoking gun yet (unless I missed it). sumo.gif

Can someone give me the Coles Notes version of what happened here.

PGX is slabbing trimmed books.

Only these Golden Age trim jobs are so bad a blind man could see them, not like the micro-trimming CGC missed last year on JE's books.

Many suspect this was done with fraud in mind rather than by accident but no smoking gun yet (unless I missed it). sumo.gif

I am not sure which is worse. .Knowingly slabbing a trimmed book, or Honestly missing trimming like that

Either one is damning unto itself.

Be known as a crook devil.gifor a simpleton insane.gif

Take your pick..and then decide if you still want to send him your books.

Ze-

This may mean nothing as far as restoration detection or even grading, but I got this email regarding my overdue order from PGX:

We are training several new people and should be caught up this week.

Take it for what it's worth... confused-smiley-013.gif

so, does anyone know if he showed up in Seattle, afterall this?????????
According to JohnnyG, he showed up on Saturday but skipped the Sunday.

This may mean nothing as far as restoration detection or even grading, but I got this email regarding my overdue order from PGX:

Good luck with your order. Would you have sent in your books to PGX if this scandal would have happened earlier?

I missed seeing Johnny on Saturday. PGX was at the show on Saturday. But the booth was almost completely ignored by customers. I hope the new staff they are training have other career optons if their jobs aren't around in another six months.

I missed seeing Johnny on Saturday. PGX was at the show on Saturday. But the booth was almost completely ignored by customers. I hope the new staff they are training have other career optons if their jobs aren't around in another six months.

Who manned the booth? With the exception of Patterson...

Jim

Good luck with your order. Would you have sent in your books to PGX if this scandal would have happened earlier?

I only have mostly Copper's, Modern's with a few Bronze stuff (most of which I picked up from the racks) so restoration detection is not a concern. I just happen to have a bunch of free grading credits with them....

Daniel Patterson has finally responded on the STLComics Board.

PGX Response

Here's what he said...

We have looked into this situation and here is what we are doing.

We are currently putting all books similar to the Cheerios Premium books through several other tests to ensure trimming is not missed on these type of books.

We have chosen to ban the person that was submitting these books. Although the responsibility falls on us to catch these things I feel okay with not dealing with anyone that is intentionally trying to get books past us. We will not reverse this decision(as I know someone will mention that possibility).

We take responsibilty for errors we make and we are working hard at not letting anything get past us. I understand people being upset and hope to regain their trust.

I have seen a lot of false information posted on the boards also, making it difficult to find the truth. People seem more than willing to jump on the bandwagon with minimul evidence and immediately believe things with just the appearance of something being wrong. I have seen a lot of false evidence and it is one of the reason I no longer read the boards much.

Please let me make this clear. We will never intentionally put a restored book in a blue label or ever consider trimming or restoring any book. This will never happen.

We work hard to offer a good service and do not want anything to taint that. If we make mistakes we will correct them and do what it takes to avoid it happening again. We are working on ways to make PGX more transparent and have more information available on us, how the business runs, and our grading standards.

Daniel

And my repsonse back...

Why don't you address some of these untruths? Starting with the reality that Leder is in fact Ma4Pres despite your denials.

The only way that "false evidence", your words and something I haven't seen much of, can be debunked is for you to do the debunking. We are well past your tired "people keep saying untrue things about us" without addressing those issues while all the while being caught in additional lies yourself....

Jim

UMMMMM...

I think we were at dinner together confused-smiley-013.gif

I think Daniel knew the ship was sinking and was bombarded with questions on Saturday. Maybe he decided it would be best to just not have to deal with it again on Sunday.

As for the "team", apparently there is an "I" in TEAM, because he was the only one there!

I asked a few questions of him and got the run of the mill deflective answers. He had asked me why I hadn't submitted anything to him; I told him that the first reason was that prices attained were no where near the CGC counterparts, and secondly, these scandals have distanced me from the company with no intent of returning. When asked about the US 179, he "appeared" to not know what I was talking about as he doesn't read these boards! I took it all with a grain of salt...

John thumbsup2.gif

I have seen a lot of false evidence and it is one of the reason I no longer read the boards much.

He won’t need to worry about that much longer. I'm putting the finishing touches on a special web site that should provide all the evidence he'd like to see. thumbsup2.gif

gossip.gif Jim, have you had a chance to address my question I e-mailed you?

I have seen a lot of false evidence and it is one of the reason I no longer read the boards much.

He won’t need to worry about that much longer. I'm putting the finishing touches on a special web site that should provide all the evidence he'd like to see. thumbsup2.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

PM sent. thumbsup2.gif

I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see it.

Me three.

Thnx for the work OG, thumbsup2.gif do let us know when it goes up.

Unlike Hammer who continues using Ebay as a shield , despite glaring information regarding his questionable business practices. I dont see how PGX can continue taking shots off their bow without out a few of them eventually finding their mark. One can only bail for so long before ditching the bucket, and jumping overboard.

In case ya had not noticed Dan, the ship is taking on water.

Ze-