• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

I can't wait to see Brian's new website. sleeping.gif

It's pretty easy to figure out how to see it. gossip.gif

wink.gif

Yea, it's gone through some changes today. I think it's done. It'll be moving to it's permanent home tonight or tomorrow. thumbsup2.gif

wink.gif

Yea, it's gone through some changes today. I think it's done. It'll be moving to it's permanent home tonight or tomorrow. thumbsup2.gif

Please post a link in this thread. thumbsup2.gif

wink.gif

It looks good. Pretty damning evidence all around.

For what it is worth, I bought two CGG books from Leder in 2003 (when they didn't even have hard cases yet, just the wells). Both books have subsequently been submitted to CGC and have been returned with blue (unrestored) labels (same grades as well). Not that that means anything, I just wanted to know if my books were safe.

Not me...all the books I've had graded by PGA, came back higher so far....

Here's another example of a book that I sent to PGA/PGX that they undergraded by a wide margin.....CGC got it right after I SS it with Neal Adams and Ploog...it's from an original owner collection....an old employee of GA collectibles in Seattle....

I still think how stupid PGA grading was on numerous of my books that I sent in in high grade....

Here's the example of my MS#2 graded 8.0 and now 9.0...no pressing etc.

I sold the ASM 90 in 9.6 and swore it could have been a 9.8

I sold my MS #5 in 8.5 that later was graded at 9.0

I sold an Iron Fist #14 in 9.2....who knows what it is now

I sold an 8.5 ASM 44 and 52.....again, who knows

I sold a Hulk 162 in 9.0....?

Luckily I still have the TOS pre heroes graded by PGA in 8.0-9.0 and about 10 others..........some day I'll get them regraded correctly. 1856019-PGACGCMS2.JPG

You know what going to happen here, some one is going to buy this for a fraction of its unrestored value, crack it open and have the staples professionally replaced then resubmitted it through CGC, probably list it through one of the major auction houses and volia, instant profit. :frustrated: