• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Yes true but he did list his top 3 and i was curious to see if anybody remembered what they were as i was going to check the census to see how many high grade copies there are. Unfortunately a search only goes back 1 year now when it use to be 10 when the boards first started and that would have covered it. I do recall him saying that the cover of one of them has been used again on a reprint title. Anyone fancy playing detective?

I had given up on this with not very much to go on until i came across this

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%5Ffirst%2Easp&id=1119233

This book actually ticks all the boxes AND the cover has been used again on G.I.War Tales #3.

That's a nice copy of a great book!

Yes i agree and not only does it look better than an 8.5 its always nice to see an old label now and again.

Does anyone use GPAnalysis ? I'm curious if it's worth the membership... I am waiting for a GIC 87 to come back from CGC and I'm curious to see the GPA stats on it. On the CGC Census 9.0 is the highest, curious what they sold for? Anyone have an idea?

Does anyone use GPAnalysis ? I'm curious if it's worth the membership... I am waiting for a GIC 87 to come back from CGC and I'm curious to see the GPA stats on it. On the CGC Census 9.0 is the highest, curious what they sold for? Anyone have an idea?

I would recommend it highly as well, although he really needs to incorporate CBCS books into his data, IMHO.

7.0 $1675 2013

7.5 $1852 avg(2) 2014

8.0 $2868 2007

8.5 $3884 2011

No recorded sales for higher grades on GPA

Andy

Thanks so much you both! That's interesting that nothing higher than 8.5 sold since then. Fingers crossed mine beats 8.5.... I think because I have a few comics to sell I am gonna join GPA just to make certain I'm not ripping myself off by only using overstreet and eBay sold prices. Cheers!

It'll be Thursday night. Goes from 8-10.

Filippi's Pizza Grotto on India St. (North of downtown)

Wow thanks! I'll be in the area so I'll be there. :o:banana:

Will there be a drawing or a fundraiser? If I remember right you've done those in the past.

It'll be Thursday night. Goes from 8-10.

Filippi's Pizza Grotto on India St. (North of downtown)

Wow thanks! I'll be in the area so I'll be there. :o:banana:

Will there be a drawing or a fundraiser? If I remember right you've done those in the past.

We always manage to have a few cool surprises for the art auction. Artists donate stuff and collectors bring their own stuff to auction off (minimum of 25% goes to the Big-5 war group so we can continue to underwrite hotel and travel expenses for artists).

I was just checking the rest of the War Comics on Comiclinks current auction and on the write up for G.I Combat #76 it states 'this cover was recently voted the number 1 all-time favorite Jerry Grandenetti War cover by CGC members'. really? When did this happen? I have practically gone through the whole of this War thread and cannot find anything.

Russ is a go. He's not officially set up in Artist's Alley and probably won't be, but he's coming to the Big-5 war comics banquet and will probably be toodling around a bit on the con floor on Friday of con. PM me and we can figure out some logistical stuff so that you can be sure to meet him.

For any of the DC war fanatics who's planning to pick up a copy of the Overstreet guide for this year, I guess it's going to be the limited edition Sgt. Rock cover for you guys then.

An absolutely gorgeous Sgt. Rock cover by Russ Heath and definitely better than the standard edition Harley Quinn and Power Girl covers by Amanda Conners. Especially since this limited edition cover is going for the same price as the standard edition covers.

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

This makes my heart sing with joy.....

I was just checking the rest of the War Comics on Comiclinks current auction and on the write up for G.I Combat #76 it states 'this cover was recently voted the number 1 all-time favorite Jerry Grandenetti War cover by CGC members'. really? When did this happen? I have practically gone through the whole of this War thread and cannot find anything.

We do those contests over in the Comics General forum

We do those contests over in the Comics General forum

Oh right in Comics General doh!

Hey War Comics lovers/hard core collectors (what else should I call you?),

I am selling '50 War comic books right now that you might want to grab one or all.

You can brag your war comic books all day as you like. Please check this out: '50 war comic books for sales

Good luck and have a safe July 4th!

Edited by JollyComics

This is the third time I've owned this copy...... I think I might be keeping it this time...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

7U80yqW.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

Practicing with IMGUR.................. and you folks are my guinea pigs...... my apologies in advance. *No boardies were harmed in the development of this post* GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

rHpmCyP.jpg