• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Russ is a go. He's not officially set up in Artist's Alley and probably won't be, but he's coming to the Big-5 war comics banquet and will probably be toodling around a bit on the con floor on Friday of con. PM me and we can figure out some logistical stuff so that you can be sure to meet him.

Russ is a go. He's not officially set up in Artist's Alley and probably won't be, but he's coming to the Big-5 war comics banquet and will probably be toodling around a bit on the con floor on Friday of con. PM me and we can figure out some logistical stuff so that you can be sure to meet him.

For any of the DC war fanatics who's planning to pick up a copy of the Overstreet guide for this year, I guess it's going to be the limited edition Sgt. Rock cover for you guys then.

An absolutely gorgeous Sgt. Rock cover by Russ Heath and definitely better than the standard edition Harley Quinn and Power Girl covers by Amanda Conners. Especially since this limited edition cover is going for the same price as the standard edition covers.

For any of the DC war fanatics who's planning to pick up a copy of the Overstreet guide for this year, I guess it's going to be the limited edition Sgt. Rock cover for you guys then.

An absolutely gorgeous Sgt. Rock cover by Russ Heath and definitely better than the standard edition Harley Quinn and Power Girl covers by Amanda Conners. Especially since this limited edition cover is going for the same price as the standard edition covers.

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

Holy ! Anyone know who has this available as a pre-order?

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

This is awesome! Here's more info:

http://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1013?articleID=178428

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

I already placed my order with the owner of my LCS on FCBD. :gossip:

He was not even aware that this limited edition was available for order by the stores as he initially thought that I was talking about the Hero's Initiative Limited Edition which are not available for order by the LCS's.

By far, the best Overstreet cover that I have seen in several years! (thumbs u

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

He was not even aware that this limited edition was available for order by the stores as he initially thought that I was talking about the Hero's Initiative Limited Edition which are not available for order by the LCS's.

By far, the best Overstreet cover that we have EVER seen in several years! (thumbs u

Fixed that for you.

Russ Heath STILL CAN DRAW LIKE A MADMAN!!!!!!!

Edited by Comick1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fight-Comics-31-CGC-4-0-/301935480372?hash=item464cc1ce34:g:QgIAAOSwlfxXF7pm

I just viewed the most gruesome war comics cover I have ever seen, way worse than War Fury #1, , even Mycomicshop.com will not show this cover on their website ,.. any of you fellow collectors have Fight Comics #31 ?

I love Fight Comics 31! I had a mid grade copy awhile ago but traded it for some PCH. I do have War Fury #1, as well as Terrific Comics #4 and Wings Comics #17, both of which are pretty gory and underrated IMHO. But hands down, Fight 31 is the top of the war-gore heap.

I will have to check out those other two covers you mentioned , I can't wait see what they look like ! , I checked them out and I have seen Terrific #4 before , but had not noticed Wings #17 , and yes they are both memorable cover !!

but WOW ! nothing compares to Fight Comics # 31 :sick::sick::sick:

Edited by 1950's war comics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chris-Pedrins-BIG-FIVE-Information-Guide-/322094003600?hash=item4afe4c7590:g:ZIYAAOSw~oFXJu0w

Just throwing this out there if anyone needs a copy I already have a couple these from this seller. And dang this book was pretty tough

Thanks!

image_zpsfm6pgh8g.jpeg

By far, the best Overstreet cover that we have EVER seen in several years! (thumbs u

Fixed that for you.

Russ Heath STILL CAN DRAW LIKE A MADMAN!!!!!!!

Gorgeous book! :headbang:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fight-Comics-31-CGC-4-0-/301935480372?hash=item464cc1ce34:g:QgIAAOSwlfxXF7pm

I just viewed the most gruesome war comics cover I have ever seen, way worse than War Fury #1, , even Mycomicshop.com will not show this cover on their website ,.. any of you fellow collectors have Fight Comics #31 ?

Fight 31 is one of the covers that got me into goldenage again way cool cover!

I've been searching for this one for a while. Thought I had searched every site and online store (multiple times), but was able to find it about 10 pages into a Google search. Paid a whopping $30 for it, and am on cloud 9. Probably a 5.0/5.5, but definitely a difficult book to track down...

Blackhawk_133_zpstgh51z6w.jpg