• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Great score-the grades on both look exceptional! That's what I get for focusing on PCH instead of upgrading DC war. The GIC is especially tough in high grade because the slightest imperfections show well against the dark background. Congrats on two great pickups.

Thanks. Took me years to find a nice 91. For $200 I am pretty damn thrilled.

:applause:

Pumped to get these in the mail today. Happy to add them to my small (but quality :) ) SA war collection.

001_zpsyx3e7jwv.jpg

001%202_zps7ox9fxdx.jpg

I don't see them in the great condition very often. How can I miss them? However, I have GIC #91 CGC 7.5 and OAAW #112 CGC 9.0. Great finds!

Edited by JollyComics

Russ is a go. He's not officially set up in Artist's Alley and probably won't be, but he's coming to the Big-5 war comics banquet and will probably be toodling around a bit on the con floor on Friday of con. PM me and we can figure out some logistical stuff so that you can be sure to meet him.

What day and where will the war comics banquet be again? I might be down that way. :o:wishluck:

Yes true but he did list his top 3 and i was curious to see if anybody remembered what they were as i was going to check the census to see how many high grade copies there are. Unfortunately a search only goes back 1 year now when it use to be 10 when the boards first started and that would have covered it. I do recall him saying that the cover of one of them has been used again on a reprint title. Anyone fancy playing detective?

I had given up on this with not very much to go on until i came across this

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%5Ffirst%2Easp&id=1119233

This book actually ticks all the boxes AND the cover has been used again on G.I.War Tales #3.

Yes true but he did list his top 3 and i was curious to see if anybody remembered what they were as i was going to check the census to see how many high grade copies there are. Unfortunately a search only goes back 1 year now when it use to be 10 when the boards first started and that would have covered it. I do recall him saying that the cover of one of them has been used again on a reprint title. Anyone fancy playing detective?

I had given up on this with not very much to go on until i came across this

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%5Ffirst%2Easp&id=1119233

This book actually ticks all the boxes AND the cover has been used again on G.I.War Tales #3.

That's a nice copy of a great book!