• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Here is the JoJo 25 I got, listed as VF. I think it is 7.0 to 7.5 (small chip bottom right), but I am still happy enough with it to keep it, even though I paid top of the mark on it. There has not been a higher one on GPA in 13 years and I have been wanting a nicer one. It has a 1/4" or so spine split on bottom- very minor- supple pages.

66B43D59-0FC5-4584-860C-191CD6EDCDCC_zpsqw7mmoqy.jpg

9FEEAFDE-3FBF-4354-9D45-10E53EB69FA4_zpscrh4k9mj.jpg

BF4815A4-8A24-4DE9-8604-BF6989F88F99_zpsqxxzzouq.jpg

AA280E0E-ADDB-4DAA-8433-081C2B5B131F_zps3dwxk2dm.jpg

4B5D1038-EB6F-4F25-9439-6AC37583FE9A_zpshoc3re5q.jpg

Rick,

Great looking book!

As you know, I am a BIG fan of JJ25 and that is one awesome looking copy!

Congrats!!!!

Well, the latest on the All Top 16 saga is the seller is going to file a USPS insurance claim that the damage happened in transit. If they deny the claim we have an agreed on modified price. If they accept the claim I am basically screwed (I get my money back but the book gets put in some sort of postal auction or something- We will see). The whole thing makes me sad :tonofbricks:

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Well, the latest on the All Top 16 saga is the seller is going to file a USPS insurance claim that the damage happened in transit. If they deny the claim we have an agreed on modified price. If they accept the claim I am basically screwed (I get my money back but the book gets put in some sort of postal auction or something- We will see). The whole thing makes me sad :tonofbricks:

Ugh, that's dreadful. Sorry to hear. :(

Doesn't seem like a seller I'd care to deal with, they should just own up to missing the split somehow. I can't see how they can make an insurance claim unless the package itself was damaged. Just make sure they don't play games until it's too late to get reimbursed.

Doesn't seem like a seller I'd care to deal with, they should just own up to missing the split somehow. I can't see how they can make an insurance claim unless the package itself was damaged. Just make sure they don't play games until it's too late to get reimbursed.

+1 total BS.

I would get that thing back in the mail. Why should you be in limbo because of their screwup?

Well that All Top didn't quite come as advertised. Not quite the NM- I was hoping for.

3E2D9AC6-E016-479E-BDA6-0E1F67CED3C5_zpscy9g8ixq.jpg

How is there ANY WAY that was damaged in shipping?

If I were selling someone a couple 4 figure books, I would package them so well, it would take them a week just to unwrap.

Even with poor packaging, however, I am not sure how that damage could have occurred.

Postal should deny claim (which would allow you to keep the book, which is still a great looking book, albeit with a FMV substantially less than what the seller originally bargained for).

I hope this all works out for you, Rick. I know you were really looking forward to these treasures.

Well that All Top didn't quite come as advertised. Not quite the NM- I was hoping for.

If I were selling someone a couple 4 figure books, I would package them so well, it would take them a week just to unwrap.

Even with poor packaging, however, I am not sure how that damage could have occurred.

Postal should deny claim (which would allow you to keep the book, which is still a great looking book, albeit with a FMV substantially less than what the seller originally bargained for).

I hope this all works out for you, Rick. I know you were really looking forward to these treasures.

Thanks Rich. I hope I end up keeping it. It is not a transit damage issue (obviously). I have some opinions on the whole thing but best keep them to myself. It will be 30 days before its all sorted out.

+1

From the above picture, there is a zero percent chance that the damage at the bottom of the spine is due to shipping damage while in transit. Do you still have the mailing box the book was shipped in so that we can take a look at it to see if there is any damage to the exterior packaging? hm

Certainly looks like an obvious oversight or grading error on the part of the seller from my point of view. (tsk)

I do not have the packaging. I have a pic of the packaging (no damage) but it was just a general pic of the 6 packages I got that day.

Highly unlikely that a book could have sustain that kind of damage while in transit if the exterior packaging did not have any damage at all. :devil:

Looks like the book will be yours since I do not see the PO accepting this claim since there is no evidence that exterior packaging had any damage at all. (thumbs u