• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I have a stack of #17s. Very common book. Using this one as my coffee mug coaster right now.   :whatev:

2ylwpk7.jpg

... but seriously.  :D  Gino, I know there's one out there with your name on it!

Point Five, here's a great idea: write Gino's name on your copy and then sell it to him! :idea:

2 hours ago, Point Five said:

I have a stack of #17s. Very common book. Using this one as my coffee mug coaster right now.   :whatev:

2ylwpk7.jpg

... but seriously.  :D  Gino, I know there's one out there with your name on it!

Pretty copy!

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

the way i amateur press my books is to let them sit a few days under a big stack of 17's.

I like the way you wadded up copies for packing material in my last purchase from you. If I may offer one piece of advice, they will perform better if you run them through the shredder first however.

On 6/1/2017 at 10:22 AM, Point Five said:

2ylwpk7.jpg

On 6/1/2017 at 10:28 AM, Zolnerowich said:

Point Five, here's a great idea: write Gino's name on your copy and then sell it to him! :idea:

BEAUTIFUL copy brother look at those colors POP!!! thanks gents!!  I just love the the last 4 Eagle covers they look so nice especially together and the way his now Red and White cape merges into the Weird Comics logo on all of them. So cool!! Great example there man!!

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It will go well with the 54 from last week. 

IMG_4569.PNG

10 hours ago, rjpb said:

I actually like the cover to 53 more than 54, but 54 has that GGA magic.

But the 54 is a KEY as it has the 1st app of the Strapless Magic Bra ?

10 hours ago, rjpb said:

I actually like the cover to 53 more than 54, but 54 has that GGA magic.

Agreed. While 54 is more archetypal GGA, that 53 has a lurid, menacing, stylized noir-ish feel to it, straight from the pulps, more unique in my opinion.

Great pair of Kamen covers, Rick!

12 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

bluebeetle54.jpg

OK, the thing that makes this particular copy so important is that the evidence of the crime IS RIGHT ON THE COVER!

You see, the attempted assault took place in January at 2 A.M.  !!

Where's a gumshoe when you need one?

1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

bluebeetle54.jpg

So it's 525PM here in Ohio. I worked last night. Got off and came home for second to pick up a book to ship to a boardie then headed to the Dentist for my regular cleaning.  Came home again and hung out with the wife and kids for about an hr. Crawled into bed at around noon. My 3 yr old son crawled in with me around 2 PM he always wakes me up to tell me he's gonna nap with me it's the cutest and my favorite thing in the whole wide world. Then several minutes ago my alarm goes off. I set it so i didn't sleep through the whole evening and I can try to reset my biological alarm clock as I am off the next 3 days. My son has since left he got up without awaking me at some point who knows. I grab my phone to turn off the alarm which is jamming GNRs Sweet Child O' Mines classic guitar riff. I jump on the boards quick to see if I have any notifications (yeah i love the boards that much haha) and it takes me to the Fox Thread (YAY!!) where I subsequently see this copy of BB54. I Zoom in a bit and WOW!!! But i am LITERALLY BLINDED BY THE BRIGHTNESS of this copies yellows so much that i dropped my phone and it rolled off the bed onto the floor ? I thought it was so funny I decided to pick my phone back up and recount the moments before officially getting up. TRUE STORY!!! The time I got up and was rendered temporarily frozen!! My body robbed of its sense of sight all because of Bedrocks unbelievably luminous copy of Blue Beetle 54!! Like opening your eyes to find you are staring directly into the Center of the SUN!!! Sweet book man you could light up room with that thing haha!! 

19 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

So it's 525PM here in Ohio. I worked last night. Got off and came home for second to pick up a book to ship to a boardie then headed to the Dentist for my regular cleaning.  Came home again and hung out with the wife and kids for about an hr. Crawled into bed at around noon. My 3 yr old son crawled in with me around 2 PM he always wakes me up to tell me he's gonna nap with me it's the cutest and my favorite thing in the whole wide world. Then several minutes ago my alarm goes off. I set it so i didn't sleep through the whole evening and I can try to reset my biological alarm clock as I am off the next 3 days. My son has since left he got up without awaking me at some point who knows. I grab my phone to turn off the alarm which is jamming GNRs Sweet Child O' Mines classic guitar riff. I jump on the boards quick to see if I have any notifications (yeah i love the boards that much haha) and it takes me to the Fox Thread (YAY!!) where I subsequently see this copy of BB54. I Zoom in a bit and WOW!!! But i am LITERALLY BLINDED BY THE BRIGHTNESS of this copies yellows so much that i dropped my phone and it rolled off the bed onto the floor ? I thought it was so funny I decided to pick my phone back up and recount the moments before officially getting up. TRUE STORY!!! The time I got up and was rendered temporarily frozen!! My body robbed of its sense of sight all because of Bedrocks unbelievably luminous copy of Blue Beetle 54!! Like opening your eyes to find you are staring directly into the Center of the SUN!!! Sweet book man you could light up room with that thing haha!! 

I don't know if you have noticed but it is like he has the nicest color copy of nearly every esoteric key. I guess the early bird got a lot of the worms and took them to his nest and dangles them for the other birds to admire and not eat :nyah: