• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
37 37

14,436 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2023 at 6:14 PM, Yale Stewart said:

Those are some good lookin copies!

Thanks!  All bought raw over 20 years ago, except the #17.  That one was in a stack given to me after being in an attic for decades.  I think it held up well!  :D 

Note: none were pressed.  If I had they would likely have graded a bit higher.  I also have my #23, 32, and 1 of my #40's graded.  My next box may have my #50, 129, and a few other keys, we'll see.  I have a lot I want protected for safe keeping and will need to move some books to help pay for it.  

On 1/2/2023 at 1:56 PM, Frisco Larson said:

WoW, that is a tremendous accomplishment!!! Congratulations!!!  :applause:

I actually forgot to mention that it also completes my run of every mainline Spidey issue pre-1999 reboot when they pared the line down to ASM/PPSM. I now have complete runs of ASM, Spectacular, Web, Adjectiveless, and Sensational.

I'm pumped

On 1/2/2023 at 6:01 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I actually forgot to mention that it also completes my run of every mainline Spidey issue pre-1999 reboot when they pared the line down to ASM/PPSM. I now have complete runs of ASM, Spectacular, Web, Adjectiveless, and Sensational.

I'm pumped

That's even MORE spectacular!!! That's an amazing amount of Spidey mags!!!  :banana:

On 1/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I'm pumped

Welcome to the club!  :cheers:

Now, about Marvel Team-Up.....   :baiting:

On 12/31/2022 at 3:36 AM, Yale Stewart said:

At long last, my run of 1-500 is officially complete.

And only 2 more annuals to complete my run of annuals released during that same run.

asm3inhand.jpg

That is a great accomplishment!! I should know, I have the whole run, all annuals, and all spidey cross-overs  (from the 60's anyway) and I'm still going with most recent issues .........................................................

Enjoy it !

On 1/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, Yale Stewart said:

I'm pumped

I'm right behind you only needing two more issues to complete my ASM run myself. I also have full runs of all the Marvel Team-Up versions plus anything that was more than a mini (Unlimited, Friendly Neighborhood, Ultimate etc...)  Only Marvel Tales is largely incomplete. Great accomplishment :applause:

On 1/7/2023 at 4:11 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Stupid question: I’m out of my element here. Was there ever a time, in the evolution of Spider-man where his alter ego went by the name Peter Palmer rather than Peter Parker?

serious question, and no, I’m not currently holding a crack pipe

I think so, but it wasn't so much a "time" as it was just an editorial mistake early on. I'd have to go back and check, but I'm fairly confident that happens in at least one issue, but it may even only be in one story of that issue (back when issues had multiple adventures in them)

On 1/7/2023 at 5:22 PM, Yale Stewart said:
On 1/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Stupid question: I’m out of my element here. Was there ever a time, in the evolution of Spider-man where his alter ego went by the name Peter Palmer rather than Peter Parker?

serious question, and no, I’m not currently holding a crack pipe

I think so, but it wasn't so much a "time" as it was just an editorial mistake early on. I'd have to go back and check, but I'm fairly confident that happens in at least one issue, but it may even only be in one story of that issue (back when issues had multiple adventures in them)

It's in ASM #1, in several spots.

On 1/7/2023 at 4:22 PM, Yale Stewart said:

On 1/7/2023 at 4:26 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

It's in ASM #1, in several spots.

Thanks. I looked at the reprint of issue number one, and all pages have it as Peter Parker. I guess the editors of the reprint didn’t follow the original accurately, opting instead for fixing a known problem 

thanks for your response