• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,063 posts in this topic

Ok, I'll contribute a recently completed Galactus Trilogy. I was looking for WHITE pages, good colors, and most importantly, spines that were evenly folded and stapled. The 48 is the toughest in that respect; most copies are way wrapped around towards the back. Mine isn't perfect, but above average, at least. I chose this 48 because I felt it had the best possible balance of all the factors in my criteria.

The 50 just turned up on Clink. I was hoping for a 9.0, like the other two, but it does have WP, and the folding and staple placement is virtually perfect. That's what sold me.

ff48.jpg

ff49.jpg

ff50.jpg

I don't have a scan of the entire slab, but this is a CGC 9.0. I think this ought to be listed as a Classic Cover on the label. It really is perhaps the definitive Kirby Fantastic Four cover. Anyone agree? Anyone have another candidate?

ff45.jpg