• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,072 posts in this topic

ff4 was the first silver marvel of any consequence I ever owned. A childhood friend had a vg-ish pence copy that some had (rather skillfully) glued a "12c" cut from another copy on top of the pence price to make it look like a US copy.

I loved that book :cloud9: It will be fun to own it again. For my money the early Namor appearances in FF were the best early FFs. Dr Doom didn't really get good until later.

Now I just need 1,2,6,9. Y'all can keep 3, 7 and 8 :insane: #10 I am on the fence.

ff4 was the first silver marvel of any consequence I ever owned. A childhood friend had a vg-ish pence copy that some had (rather skillfully) glued a "12c" cut from another copy on top of the pence price to make it look like a US copy.

I loved that book :cloud9: It will be fun to own it again. For my money the early Namor appearances in FF were the best early FFs. Dr Doom didn't really get good until later.

Now I just need 1,2,6,9. Y'all can keep 3, 7 and 8 :insane: #10 I am on the fence.

Not the end of the World paying a bit more than average on the #4. We've all done it. You did pick up what I consider one of the most important SA books.

yeah I don't mind paying more than average esp when I am getting better than avg PQ but I did probably pay 100 more than I needed to. Ah well :) Like you say its a cool book and it doesn't really matter :)

I haven't bought a hero silver marvel in............ oh man............. I can't remember when. Might be ten years or more. Sold off my early ff's but I've owned most of them and it was always my favorite series. :) My favorites in the first 10 were 4,6,9 although although I've never owned 1,2,or 5 before. Decide to rectify some of that today, picked up this #5 6.5 OWW - soon to be cracked and read :cloud9:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Four-5-CGC-6-5-FN-GORGEOUS-1st-App-Doctor-Doom-KEY-/190708111515?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6716d89b#ht_5916wt_754

That is one real nice book. Congrats

yeah I don't mind paying more than average esp when I am getting better than avg PQ but I did probably pay 100 more than I needed to. Ah well :) Like you say its a cool book and it doesn't really matter :)

So what?

You paid about a C note over the odds.

Don't worry about it. You got a great book there which will catch up on price in no time and accelerate when the spike comes, that is if they get the FF reboot right.

Bottom line...FF4 is a superb book in any grade (film or no film) and you got a great one. Congrats :foryou:

Hell my 1.5 cost me about $225 and I absolutely love it. :cloud9:

1962FF004-.jpg

Edited by Bluetooth

that was AFTER my GPA subscription. Before that I made the boneheaded decision to shoot from the hip and paid too much for this #4 6.0 OWW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110930712312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_755wt_898

I don’t remind the price, but it looks really nice for a Fine (aka 6.0) copy. ;)

Well, I hope I am not jinxing anything but pending approval of a back cover scan and a little thing called payment I will be the proud owner of this little puppy. I have wanted this book for about 25 years! Many thanks to Bunky Brian!!

02152012-CGC1-2-batchedScan-120215-0040.jpg

Well, I hope I am not jinxing anything but pending approval of a back cover scan and a little thing called payment I will be the proud owner of this little puppy. I have wanted this book for about 25 years! Many thanks to Bunky Brian!!

02152012-CGC1-2-batchedScan-120215-0040.jpg

That's gotta be the nicest book for the grade I have seen. (thumbs u

thx! I am looking forward to seeing it in hand and busting that slab open :)

That's awesome! Take a pic of Stan's sig inside the book. Would be cool to see.

Enjoy!

I'll be happy to do that. Hopefully its not an obvious fake in crayon or something lol

Turns out I am a jinxing insufficiently_thoughtful_person. There was something (shouldn't turn anyone else off, its a lovely book) that didn't fit my personal list of defects I live with on the back doh! Oh man I feel like a schmuck :tonofbricks:

I did, however, work soemthing out for a different 4.5.

And that, is why smart people, unlike myself, wait until the book is 100% theirs not just 95% agreed upon.

:tonofbricks:

Well, having learned my lesson I will post a pic of the other 4.5 a little later once that is at least in teh mail

Turns out I am a jinxing insufficiently_thoughtful_person. There was something (shouldn't turn anyone else off, its a lovely book) that didn't fit my personal list of defects I live with on the back doh! Oh man I feel like a schmuck :tonofbricks:

I did, however, work soemthing out for a different 4.5.

And that, is why smart people, unlike myself, wait until the book is 100% theirs not just 95% agreed upon.

:tonofbricks:

Well, having learned my lesson I will post a pic of the other 4.5 a little later once that is at least in teh mail

Congrats, that's a big book well worth owning.