• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

14,141 posts in this topic

I don’t often post books in threads like this, but as I’ve been re-reading my FF run and had some books out I figured I’d make a few scans. #79 and #78 have been in my collection since the late 70s/early 80s. #78 is an upgrade I picked up a few years ago. They’re not as minty as some folk's but they present nicely and suit me just fine.

FF79.jpg

FF78.jpg

FF76.jpg

... don't feel bad bro..... I had an unexpected employment upheaval at the first of last year and had to sell a lot of my grave warming books..... all I've got at the moment are decent copies of 13, 22, 64, and 109 :sorry: ... but there's always tomorrow :foryou: GOD BLESS...

#64 – My copy? :)

Now that you have talked about the most beautiful early covers, I agree that #6 is wonderful… It’s probably the one I have in lowest grade… it appears decent but cover was removed (not detached, it could even be re-stapled) from the book and the inside has binder holes along the spine… One day I will probably upgrade, but since it came as a freebie with my #5 I could not be happier… :cloud9:

Subby in red speedos to match the color scheme… :cloud9:

ueCUjZyh.jpg

Yes, Claudio..... your 64 isn't going anywhere :cloud9: I actually have 2 of that one.... a Paperheart copy also. Sometimes I'll keep a book in lieu of upgrading just because it belonged to a boardie once. I actually have 3 items in my NFS pile that came from you, Claudio..... The Hampson "Christ" book, the FF, and last but not least, the National Comics 18. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I would never ever sell that FF 8 that he signed for you personally...... GOD BLESS...

I have an Annual #6 as well, also signed personally, so it’s a matter of choice if I have to make a "special gift". I also have a copy of the 1990s edition of Argosy magazine, with the story "Street Code" documenting Jack's childhood in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, personally signed by him and gifted to me, this is somewhat even more meaningful than the FF#8… :cloud9:

I would never ever sell that FF 8 that he signed for you personally...... GOD BLESS...

I have an Annual #6 as well, also signed personally, so it’s a matter of choice if I have to make a "special gift". I also have a copy of the 1990s edition of Argosy magazine, with the story "Street Code" documenting Jack's childhood in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, personally signed by him and gifted to me, this is somewhat even more meaningful than the FF#8… :cloud9:

..... here's hoping you never face the need to sell any of them :foryou: GOD BLESS...

Oh, I would surely not sell them (the Argosy does not have "commercial" value anyway), they would be viable just as special gifts, as they are special items.

And luckily no Captain America Comics #1 which one could feel the need to sell under dire circumstances… lol

.... true story...... My friend Wayne was at a show years ago that Jack attended. You'd have to know Wayne..... possibly one of the coolest people on the planet.... but that evening, Wayne decided to kill some time after tending his booth all day by visiting the Hotel bar. Lo and behold, Jack was also there, drinking at the bar. Wayne noticed him and proceeded to get soused with The King. While doing so, he proceeded to tell Jack that he had every GA issue of Captain America Comics except # 2. Jack said he might be able to help him, and about a month later, a # 2 arrived in the mail, and it was also signed by Jack..... Jack's personal file copy. GOD BLESS.....

This is just… shattering!

Of which year are we talking? Aside from value, he must have made a great impression on Jack: I suspect he was able to read into people's hearts, to some degree.

He gifted me and the friend which was with me two mini-posters and the Argosy issues, that was very graceful. A pity my mini-poster took water damage, luckily I shipped yours before that happened (they have different illustrations).

It would have been no later than the 80's...... Wayne often spoke about how many of his Caps cost 50 dollars or less...... and he had a lot of nice ones. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(A friend of jesus) (thumbs u