• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,880 posts in this topic

Lovely copy again, mar-vell.

One day I'll own a #48 but so far I've not seen a copy that would entice me to spill the big bucks. :(

Good luck! As for myself I have owned several over the years. The first was the highlight. Bought it back in about 1983 at comic convention in Kenilworth, NJ. Dealer was frustrated, had a bad con cause his silver age wasn't moving (only new x-men were selling like hotcakes at that point in time). He started yelling out FF48 IN NM for $30. I grabbed it. Easy 9.4 truly believe it would be a CGC 9.6 today! Sadly I sold it about 2 years later.

I just love Billy's RAW Annuals… :cloud9:

and i've tried about 3 times to sell the rocky mountain slab here on the boards and replace it with a nice raw one, but none of these cheapskates will buy it!!!!

here's copy jimjum will like....

ff13_zps2yumllkq.jpg

That's one of the few mid-grade copies I've seen where the blues aren't completely gone. Fantastic example.

:cloud9:

....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(A friend of jesus) (thumbs u

thanks for the praise on my books. Years ago i decided i was going for a completist run instead of high grade. In hindsight I would have went uber highgrade only if I had realized the return would be this high in just about a decade but being as i figured such appreciation would probably take 20-30 years the collector side of me won out.

This led me to spend countless hours study scans to find the most appealing books i could afford. It was a borderline :screwy: effort looking back on it. I am glad you guys find the books appealing itmake me feel a little less :insane:

@Marv-vell, I think it’s a lot better this way: with super-high grade copies you can be seriously tempted to sell at any given moment, while with great presenting lower grade ones, not so much… :)

@Harry: I have a lowgrade #48, PM me if you can be interested.