• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,870 posts in this topic

Wow! That is an amazing #1. Very nice for a FN-. Congratulations.

So psyched at my latest addition to the FF run. My earliest, my only circle 12c, and in surprisingly good condition for the low price it went for. So happy, I'm going to do the banana dance. :banana:

scan0033_zpsouhodnbe.jpg

What's weird is that the same guy I bought it from had a lot of low-grade, early, pence FF's, finishing at the same time. I was watching them all and considering bids but the prices just went through the roof. Way over what I would pay for pence copies. This #7 was the only cent copy and went for a song. lol, the weirdness of auctions.

this came in the mail today

FF9%20cgc%208.0%20oww_zpsghxv9eju.jpeg

I recognize the 'R' penciled onto the cover. Here's one from the same collection and time period that I used to own. They're very nice books. It makes me wonder whether the owner had a first name beginning with 'R', or whether he/she marked each comic after reading it. Lost in the sands of time.

JIM93.jpg

this came in the mail today

FF9%20cgc%208.0%20oww_zpsghxv9eju.jpeg

I recognize the 'R' penciled onto the cover. Here's one from the same collection and time period that I used to own. They're very nice books. It makes me wonder whether the owner had a first name beginning with 'R', or whether he/she marked each comic after reading it. Lost in the sands of time.

JIM93.jpg

Beautiful book! Also this would make an interesting research study - maybe a collection or pedigree that was overlooked or poorly documented?

being as we had a foolkiller selling frenzy today in the marketplace I thought it might be appropriate to post the best book i ever bought from him . Not to mention the fact its one of the greatest comics ever made...

ff50014.jpg

being as we had a foolkiller selling frenzy today in the marketplace I thought it might be appropriate to post the best book i ever bought from him . Not to mention the fact its one of the greatest comics ever made...

ff50014.jpg

First SA comic I ever bought and my favorite cover. Marvel didn't publish many poo colored covers. And the Silver Surfer just jumps out of the cover.