• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,748 posts in this topic

Beat but complete Dave. Beat but complete. With the higher dollar books, sometimes that's my only option! :)

Yep, for a lot of these books, I'm just happy owning any copy regardless of the grade, as long as it's complete. In this case, #6 was the last of the first 13 (12¢ Circles) that I was missing and in hindsight I bought this one in a rush to finish the run. I would like to say that I learned my lesson, but...

FF 6 and also 11 were always special books to me....as well as 5, due to the fact that they weren't reprinted in the MCIC title and the only way for years to know what the covers look like was to actually own one. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Man, FF 4-6 are really gems to me. Those panels at the end of 6 where Kirby zooms in on Namor (the go. Go. GO! panels) are really cinematic, at least to my eye. And the colors on the cover of 6 are just awesome.

Plus 6 is one of those books that almost always comes back with rock solid PQ, which is a plus.

You're in luck. I hear one is going up for sale tonight ;)

Right, but Bill's copy is too nice for me…

I am still missing too many important issues, and #68 is not high on the list, so I’d be more than happy with a nicely presenting FNVF… His has a gorgeous "undercopy" anyway!

Thanks, Jack.

I do have some nice FF's as well. None in slabs as I only buy raw but aside from a couple of SA most would be Bronze so I'm a bit hesitant to post them here.

We FF fellows are not restrictive or prone to a kind of pickiness you might find on other threads across the boards… You can post whatever FF-related item you cherish as a "true believer"… :cloud9:

Thanks, Jack.

I do have some nice FF's as well. None in slabs as I only buy raw but aside from a couple of SA most would be Bronze so I'm a bit hesitant to post them here.

We FF fellows are not restrictive or prone to a kind of pickiness you might find on other threads across the boards… You can post whatever FF-related item you cherish as a "true believer"… :cloud9:

I appreciate that sentiment. You guys have been very friendly and welcoming (even with a big ugly store stamp on my FF1) and I think that's pretty cool.

Thanks, Jack.

I appreciate that sentiment. You guys have been very friendly and welcoming (even with a big ugly store stamp on my FF1) and I think that's pretty cool.

I kind of dig the more prominent store/date stamps. Adds to the nostalgia of the book. I can google the old location, and just imagine the kids coming and going with a few 10/12 centers in their hands as they thumb through the pages.

Thanks, Jack.

Dave, I would love a FF#1 with a pile of dead rats on it… well, if that’s been disinfested, that is! lol

I’m still missing it…

I like your style, Rookie!

Great avatar, too!

In italian it’s awesome, as they translated it as "La peste dello spazio" ("The (little) pest from space"), instead of "The Infant Terrible"… :D

One of the many classic Lee/Kirby stories that I have read as a boy and cherished a lot!