• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
33 33

13,880 posts in this topic

Are you selling your undercopy of #4, Mar-vell?

I am still missing it but not among my priorities, just curious. :)

:sorry: I actually posted that one from my archives by mistake. I sold it years ago when i upgraded. It was a very nice mid-grade but the interior smelled strongly like it was stored in an attic or something

from looking at the F.C. that presents much better than a 7.0 ?

I think its an amazing copy. Not saying the technical grade is off. there is light spider creasing up and down the spine . Still its tough to find a 7.0 FF annual 1 with cover colors so unspoiled, a squarebound spine so square, and corners like this copy. So I don't know if i say it presents better than a 7.0 just that it has certain qualities that really stand out for the given grade.

from looking at the F.C. that presents much better than a 7.0 ?

I think its an amazing copy. Not saying the technical grade is off. there is light spider creasing up and down the spine . Still its tough to find a 7.0 FF annual 1 with cover colors so unspoiled, a squarebound spine so square, and corners like this copy. So I don't know if i say it presents better than a 7.0 just that it has certain qualities that really stand out for the given grade.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm always looking for that "exceptional for the grade" copy of a particular book, and when I find one, I'd take it over a "run of the mill" higher grade copy any day of the week!

Sometimes a book like that makes upgrading a real dilemma. I could find higher graded copies all day long, but to me they aren't really an improvement if the centering isn't as good, or the trim isn't as even, or the colors aren't as vivid.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm always looking for that "exceptional for the grade" copy of a particular book, and when I find one, I'd take it over a "run of the mill" higher grade copy any day of the week!

Sometimes a book like that makes upgrading a real dilemma. I could find higher graded copies all day long, but to me they aren't really an improvement if the centering isn't as good, or the trim isn't as even, or the colors aren't as vivid.

I guess most of us are like that… Especially with squarebound books or as far as better page quality goes.

I especially enjoy to read books with whiter pages, as the artwork stands out a lot better! :cloud9:

@Mar-vell: Thanks, in fact that is A LOT better for me… lol