• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,750 posts in this topic

thanks, harry; there are soooo many nicer runs out there, but i have indeed had a ball putting them together these past few years. and the upgrading is nearly as much fun as the original hunt

I agree with Harry. You have some nice examples, and so does Mr. Moore and Dan.

All of your collections are simply awesome

first one i bought off a spinner.

Not "from a spinner", but "Diablo!" has also been one of the very first early FF stories I read as a child – and one that I really loved! – in this wonderful volume, which came out in 1978 (not my copy, I still have my OO one, but this is a found image)… :)

The title means "We are the Fantastic Four", a similar volume of Spidey was issued at the same time.

W6cU4Xrh.jpg

Here's how the insides look. It also contains #1, Annual #6 and other selected early Lee/Kirby classics (Annual #6 closes the volume). :cloud9:

IdTRb6yh.jpg

Quick question: Has FF#32 got a pin-up? My copy appears to have a page cut out and I'm not sure if it's an advert or not.

No pin-up, but there are 2 full-page house ads in #32.

The story pages are numbered, so you should be able to tell quickly if you are missing any story. Or just count total pages of course.

Are you maybe missing the ad between (numbered story) pages 18 and 19?

Yes, it's the ad immediately following story page 18. Is there a significance to that?

I knew I wasn't missing a story page, I read it yesterday and the story pages are always numbered. I thought it might have been a pin-up as my #33 is missing the Namor one (grrrrr!).