• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,708 posts in this topic

somebody bought my sucha news annual 2 via that "make an offer to owner" heritage feature, so i needed to replace both the ped and the annual. tom was good for this little upgrade/sucha news book...

ff37.jpg

Picked up a few books over the weekend.

Big THANK YOU to my bud ChasingKingKirby for this one, she's a beaut and never been pressed. :cloud9:

BEEB7624-CFBF-4869-B0ED-A34B127126F4.jpg

Grabbed this one at Heroes, love this cover. :cloud9:

CD3A0A8D-FA71-4865-9E68-55354503966B.jpg

This was another Heroes buy, got a great deal on it.

2D0B0034-C984-4D1C-9BD0-0DE714464C84.jpg

And a few others I'm not sure I've shown off yet. :grin:

4d2668a50229c2c5553e90ee5166fad0.jpg

4b7ffd812baf80ef662a2660ddc833e2.jpg

d7ec7c4f13ec4fe04b62cc93a30f0fcf.jpg

7ba6c8d036d99aed4bde6353eb5b6125.jpg

VERY sweet! :applause:

That Annual #6 has very little to envy to the NM beauty on sale by Joey. Perfectly centered too. :)

Thank you, I fell in love with the copy as soon as I picked it up. It has those little printing defect bumps in the cover, I'm not sure how hard CGC will hammer it. I've looked at a few other copies and they all seem to have it.

If its what I think it is, it should almost be irrelevant, as it was due to printing machines. My copy is autographed by Jack, but I still have to post it :cloud9:
I've seen copies without them, but I have 4 copies, and they all have them.

It's these bumps that run across the bottom of the FC, they seem to be from the printing process but I'm unsure. Over time they've made a light mark on the cover and if you run your hand across the bottom you can feel them.

I'd love to see your copy with Kirby's sig, I've got a Cap 100 with his signature and it's a prized possession. :cloud9:

Sorry everyone: no, I did not tell as I wished to make a surprise. I forgot I had him autograph two books, not only the Fantastic Four #8.

I would have gladly sold it to you Jack, but it’s inscribed "to Claudio" like the other one.

The reason for my choice was that at the time they were my two favorite stories ever.

After a re-evaluation the #8 would be probably replaced by a #65 if I had to choose now, but all three remain very dear to my heart, especially the Annual #6 for its "family and life and death" value. (thumbs u