• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

Very clean book Surfer! That's bound to go up!

I have always loved the cover. The FF's in from 40-60 are just awesome.

Beautiful cover...would have been awesome if this was the cover of 53 for his first appearance. I've got a nice 7.5/8.0 I'm thinking of grading myself. Can't compete with those 9.2's out there. :whistle:

Dude.......do it. 56 is awesome, and the 57-60 story is awesome too.

Doom stealing the Surfer's board and powers. Just awesome.

How they screw up Fantastic Four movies is beyond me.

The storyboards were finished 50 years ago...........

y'all are gettin' me talked into extending my 1-55 run out to 60.

60? Come on, take it all the way to 100

When I returned to collecting I was just going to get 1-100, then I decided to go to 200, then to 300, then I wanted them all to current, after that it was one shots and miniseries, then I had to have all cross over appearances.

Now that I have all that, I'm upgrading everything below 6.0

y'all are gettin' me talked into extending my 1-55 run out to 60.

60? Come on, take it all the way to 100

When I returned to collecting I was just going to get 1-100, then I decided to go to 200, then to 300, then I wanted them all to current, after that it was one shots and miniseries, then I had to have all cross over appearances.

Now that I have all that, I'm upgrading everything below 6.0

My run goes from 12-145 (last 20center), and I have numbers 3 and 10. Eventually I'll get solid, but these last 10 books are sloooooooow going. :)

I always feel sorry for FF #101 and 102 (& parts of 108).

They're just as Kirby as the rest of the run, but people like that round number.

Support High Number FF Awareness!

The thought of stopping at #100 never crossed my mind, not even for a millisecond. lol

#101 is an important issue: last Kirby cover and very meaningful if you analyze it.

A bit disturbing too, in some way.

I used to know a girl who slept in a coffin, that's nothing.

Why stop at 102? The Inhumans really wind down at 150, the marriage of Crystal and Quicksilver, but the last, best arc finishes at 178, Galactus fighting the High Evolutionary to protect Counter-Earth, then kicking the Frightful Four out of their building when they get back.

I wonder how many people scooping up Marvel Premiere 1's as the first "real" Adam Warlock know that story doesn't take place on Earth...

Not for the coffins themselves. "Disturbing" in a way more subtle manner. ;)

It is a sort of visual representation of the end of an era: the Fantastic Four apparently defeated by anonymous masked villains (all looking the same), and then put into (white) coffins.

#101 is an important issue: last Kirby cover and very meaningful if you analyze it.

Why stop at 102? The Inhumans really wind down at 150, the marriage of Crystal and Quicksilver, but the last, best arc finishes at 178, Galactus fighting the High Evolutionary to protect Counter-Earth, then kicking the Frightful Four out of their building when they get back.

Why stop at 178???

Why not go to 416???

After that it was all fake with "Hero's Reborn" and the Title starting over, that's were my Son and I got off the bus.

(Unfortunately No #1)

6q8cut.jpg

Edited by marvelmaniac

Why stop at 178???

Why not go to 416???

After that it was all fake with "Hero's Reborn" and the Title starting over, that's were my Son and I got off the bus.

(Unfortunately No #1)

6q8cut.jpg

Right! Don't stop short of the Byrne run. It's the best period since the Lee and Kirby days!