• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

Yes, I think I’ll keep both – although I don’t really like what they did under the Millar and Hickman tenure (which I have yet to read in full, anyway), and all this "death" of the characters wildly_fanciful_statement, Alan Davis is always magic: he managed to capture a trily grieving atmosphere in an unique way: that image of Reed holding Sue is so powerful, and Ben on the side… the white makes it stand out more in some way. :)

I feel having the filled in background makes the main scene that much more poignant by contrasting their loss, with a scene of a happier time behind them.

Got a major FF key coming my way, will update with pics when I have it in hand.

Book should be in hand by Friday, brace yourselves.

Fresh out of the box.

20150514_092410_zps6hwq6pwe.jpg [/quote

Wow! I'd )almost) trade my AF15 for this book! :grin:

I feel having the filled in background makes the main scene that much more poignant by contrasting their loss, with a scene of a happier time behind them.

You’re right, but on a visual level the white one is also pretty powerful… In fact they’re both very nice and I will make an exception and keep the two of them. :)

@Diamonddave: You just gave me a heart attack! :o

Got a major FF key coming my way, will update with pics when I have it in hand.

Book should be in hand by Friday, brace yourselves.

Fresh out of the box.

20150514_092410_zps6hwq6pwe.jpg

Stunning copy!! Congrats!!! :banana:

Here's a question for the FF junkies; We often discuss great FF stories, but which era of Fantastic Four do you think had the best art?

Be as specific as you want. If you think the art hit an unequaled high point in a single issue, then go with it!

although I am biased towards the early 1-13 run, I think the interior art was at it's Kirby best around issues 39-73 range...highlighted by the DD/Dr Doom issues (39-40), SS/Galactus Trilogy (48-50), all the silver/doom/black panther issues, and finally the Blastaar/sandman splash panels in issues 61-63 were pretty good. My two cents.