• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,712 posts in this topic

One step closer to finishing my run. Really wondering if I should crack this one for pressing and resubmission. It has a very faint sub crease, but it's not even all the way across the book!

1rZXLfph.jpg

Old labels have been on fire in recent Clink auctions, going for up to double GPA. Some collectors, like myself, value originality. The book looks really good in that slab. Just giving you something to consider. (shrug)

Received this F.F.#8 as a gift back in the early 80's, do not know if the Kirby Autograph is legit.

t6pimp.jpg

fxbo1.jpg

It is. I’m 100% sure, even if the picture is small to see well.

Hey, that is the twin brother of mine… :cloud9:

xr7KyUxl.jpg

Nice FF # 8 Gentlemen! Here is mine after a press bumped it up maybe one grade? Boy, I wish I had a Kirby signature! :sumo:

021_1.jpg

Received this F.F.#8 as a gift back in the early 80's, do not know if the Kirby Autograph is legit.

t6pimp.jpg

fxbo1.jpg

xr7KyUxl.jpg

OK, Here is a larger pic.

oqy89f.jpg

t6pimp.jpg

fxbo1.jpg

xr7KyUxl.jpg

I sort of deduced that you have shared a story of how this book was signed and personalized. I would like to read that story. Can someone point me to where this was discussed previously?

thanks!

t6pimp.jpg

fxbo1.jpg

xr7KyUxl.jpg

I sort of deduced that you have shared a story of how this book was signed and personalized. I would like to read that story. Can someone point me to where this was discussed previously?

thanks!

No, I didn’t – I just talked about it here and there, sometimes privately via PM, sometimes when we were talking about Jack in threads.

Simply put: I managed to phone him when I visited Los Angeles in 1991 and he and his wife were kind enough to receive me for an afternoon. Which, regardless to say, was dreamlike.

My interview was also published in USA a pair of years later in "Comics Interview", but they stated it was conducted in San Diego so it appeared less "dated", but it is from 1991. :)

Nice FF # 8 Gentlemen! Here is mine after a press bumped it up maybe one grade? Boy, I wish I had a Kirby signature! :sumo:

021_1.jpg

Steve, you can always pretend there is a Kirby signature inside and that CGC forgot to state "Jack Kirby written on first page" in the label. :shy::D

And yes, that signature is surely original, and better than mine (Jack was younger and signed better, I also like the cleaniness, as much as I love my own dedication).