• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,748 posts in this topic

Wow, thanks for all the replies and support. You guys are the best!

Lovely Pence price. Relatively speaking, there are surely less UK copies around, and… it’s well loved! lol

Living in the UK most really old comics only seem to be available in pence versions. Double edged really as even though they are rarer globally, they are deemed less desirable than their cents counterpart but because of this they command a lesser price and thus become more affordable (to me!). It's certainly better loved now, already in a Mylite with Gerber archival board supporting it's ancient frame. :preach:

Congrats, and keep at it! Every copy of FF is deserving of love, not just the nosebleed high grades.

Am I crazy, or did everyone want an FF13 for not long ago? He's been killed in modern Marvel, so with luck, the prices don't move until everyone has their copy :)

As a kid FF#13 was always my favourite story. Something about that setting on the Moon and the Watcher spoke of galactic awesomeness that I had never seen in any other book. Loved it. I would probably get a nicer copy than I would usually settle for just to get that pale blue (or even a hint of it) sky on the cover. Someone posted one in this thread fairly recently and it was wonderful to see.

It actually is your oldest. FF #14 came out the same month as JIM #91, February 1963 in the U.S. Marvel having two 'cover' months for each newsstand month can occasionally vex. Goodwin did everything he could to confuse vendors into keeping his books on the stands as long as possible.

Thanks! I didn't know that, another reason to celebrate!

Nice! I just upgraded my 14, on my old issue some kid had drawn a knife right in the middle of the Submariners back.

I call it my "knife in the back subby" copy.

I have several old FF undercopies that I will be eventually selling 7, 9, 11, 13

I'll keep you in mind for when the time comes

lol, that made me chuckle.

Thank you very much for considering that. I am certainly very interested. It's almost impossible to find FF's of that age here.

Woohoo! Just got my oldest FF, a #14 and it's a real beaut as you can see.

scan0021_zpsiwfuyqzj.jpg

Not only my oldest FF but tied with my JIM #92 (although that is a higher grade) as my oldest comic book.

Now, who has a FF#13 they really can't stand the look of any more? :P

Congrats, that's a great issue in what I consider the greatest run in comics. And FF13 is a wonderful book to chase. First Watcher, first Red Ghost and his pack of monkeys. And it's a pretty uncommon issue that seems to be harder to find than many in that era.

Lovely Pence price. Relatively speaking, there are surely less UK copies around, and… it’s well loved! lol

Living in the UK most really old comics only seem to be available in pence versions. Double edged really as even though they are rarer globally, they are deemed less desirable than their cents counterpart but because of this they command a lesser price and thus become more affordable (to me!). It's certainly better loved now, already in a Mylite with Gerber archival board supporting it's ancient frame. :preach:

Honestly, if I was british I would cherish these copies in the same way. It is understandable that they are "less desirable" from an international viewpoint, as the comics are an american product, but the british edition is the very same except the price, and it’s your native language. It doesn’t get better than that!

Being italian I have editions which are always "adapted" (even before than translated), so to me it was a natural choice to strive for the originals, given also the beauty of the editions. But for you UK guys, it’s the same…

That FF 7 is nice..... I've always loved that one. Here's another that doesn't seem to get the love..... but it's the issue where Sue first manifests her ability to generate a force field.... and to me, that added the final dimension to the FF's greatness. Sue was always kind of incomplete before this, and it was a stroke of genius for Stan and Jack to add it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF%2022.jpg

That FF 7 is nice..... I've always loved that one. Here's another that doesn't seem to get the love..... but it's the issue where Sue first manifests her ability to generate a force field.... and to me, that added the final dimension to the FF's greatness. Sue was always kind of incomplete before this, and it was a stroke of genius for Stan and Jack to add it. GOD BLESS...

FF%2022.jpg

That's a really pretty raw book.

FF%2022.jpg

That's a really pretty raw book.

Nice! :headbang: