• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,714 posts in this topic

Can't compete with the beautiful books in the thread, but I picked up a couple that I was happy with this weekend. I'd gone to an auction about an hour away, out in the "boonies", which promised a large original owner collection of bronze books, mostly horror. Arrived to find they were all water-damaged. Thought the night was a complete loss, then I saw on Facebook that my LCS had just gotten in a new collection.

It was mostly mid-grade Silver with runs of Fantastic Four, Green Lantern, and X-Men taking up most of the space. Nothing mindblowing, but I thought the colors were nice, and I find it hard to resist these covers!

2ji2gz.jpg

e19px2.jpg

2ik9q89.jpg

juwayb.jpg

And classic issues! #57-58 :)

2 of the very best the marvel age has to offer! I hope you own 59&60! If not once you read the two you have I'm betting it won't be long before you get the other two!

I have 53-64 but I'm missing 60. :(

It's just one of those books which I never seem to find a nice enough looking copy (ironic, I know) or if I do the price is just way too steep.

ne excuses :sumo: - I want a copy on my desk by noon tomorrow Parker!

It's just one of those books which I never seem to find a nice enough looking copy (ironic, I know) or if I do the price is just way too steep.

no excuses offered---parker has one...

ff60.jpg

no excuses offered---parker has one...

ff60.jpg

:headbang:

:grin:

Funnily enough I did pick up 2 nice key issues involving that name today but that's for another thread. :gossip:

Things have been pretty quiet on the FF front here in Blighty. Still looking for early FF's (in pretty much any condition) 48 & 49 as well. I did spot a nice pence copy of #29 the other day which I'm keeping an eye on. 45 & 52 are out of my league and 46 never seems to be available. :(

Still it's given me a chance to catch up on some reading and I've been thoroughly enjoying the #38-44 story arc. Great stuff! :cloud9:

I've been thoroughly enjoying the #38-44 story arc. Great stuff! :cloud9:

I have been guilty in the past of falling into the easy "The FF is best from 44 to 67" rut; but those issues are just as good despite the Colletta inks. Anybody who says Fantastic Four 40 isn't among the very best can discuss it with me in a dark alley. :sumo:

Edited by KirbyJack

I've been thoroughly enjoying the #38-44 story arc. Great stuff! :cloud9:

I have been guilty in the past of falling into the easy "The FF is best from 44 to 67" rut; but those issues are just as good despite the Colletta inks. Anybody who says Fantastic Four 40 isn't among the very best can discuss it with me in a dark alley. :sumo:

On my way :sumo::slapfight:

:slapfight:

Meet me in Crime Alley.

Wait, do you actually not like FF 40?

I like it. Great cover but I just don't think it's among the very best. Mostly though I just wanna :slapfight: (smashes beer can on head) - preferably a rumble like in anchorman.