• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,693 posts in this topic

I just picked up a nice ASM Annual #1 and now I'm looking for nice FF Annual to complement it.

On another note, If I can get my hands on an ASM Annual #3 I will have the first 6 Annuals.

This ASM annual 3 sold for almost nothing.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2460916

Nice collection Mr. Moore!

Thank you Mr. T (if I may call you that... :devil:lol )

I've got 51-100 in CGC 9.0 or better now...working away at the tougher half (have in all raw except for about a half-dozen 9.0 slabs...) :headbang:

hm Mr. T huh? That's a first.

That's an impressive collection you've got going! I'm not going the slab or HG route, but I'm slowly but surely getting to the end of the FF run. Of course I still have the toughest books to get...but it's down to a manageable 14 issues to go!

That's how I got started again about 7 years ago....a VG 20...I put together a nice VG run of 2-35 off ebay and made the mistake of getting a 16 in VF.I was bitten by the high grade bug....now i'M HOPELESS....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo( a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The pull of the higher grades is not lost on me, but for some reason my aesthetic tastes are satisfied with the mid grades. And I'm more interested in quantity...I want a copy of everything! :grin:

I just picked up a nice ASM Annual #1 and now I'm looking for nice FF Annual to complement it.

On another note, If I can get my hands on an ASM Annual #3 I will have the first 6 Annuals.

This ASM annual 3 sold for almost nothing.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2460916

You snooze, you lose.

Couple of great issues that don't seem to get noticed. Perhaps because they just precede the first appearances of the Inhumans, Galactis, Silver Surfer and the Black Panther. Quite a bit of comic history in one title in one year.

ff42.jpg

ff43.jpg

Both Pop Art issues, I always drink coke when I read them.

Couple of great issues that don't seem to get noticed. Perhaps because they just precede the first appearances of the Inhumans, Galactis, Silver Surfer and the Black Panther. Quite a bit of comic history in one title in one year.

ff42.jpg

ff43.jpg

Those two are probably top 10 favorites from the FF run for me.I LOVE purple covers.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ff42.jpg

ff43.jpg

Those two are probably top 10 favorites from the FF run for me.I LOVE purple covers.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Absolutely jimbo.

Let's not forget #41 which kicks off this great story arc!

I love the way all the colors jump forward against that simple mint-gray background.

Great sense of depth in this one too!

61124-RADF5B0320071217_132054.jpg.8f405e0400918d2134833a6e17abeceb.jpg

Edited by Darth Corgi

I wonder what happened to all the Massachusets FF's ? Marnin told me once that the were sold off early on....you never see them for sale.GOD BLESS...

I wonder what happened to all the Massachusets FF's ? Marnin told me once that the were sold off early on....you never see them for sale.GOD BLESS...

I think they were distributed among a bunch of collectors back in the mid nineties when the collection came to market. I've got two more of them - here's the one in photobucket:

FF79Mass.jpg

Thought I'd post my 9.4s...Just noticed that FF 75 CGC 9.4 went for $449...WOW! Think I paid about $20 bucks for my copy about 5 years ago...

th_FANTASTICFOUR62CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR63CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR69CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR71CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR73CGC94.jpg

th_FANTASTICFOUR75CGC94-1.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR78CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR82CGC94-1.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR95CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR96CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR98CGC94.jpg

:applause:

your 75 looks really glossy :cloud9:, always loved that sweet red cover :headbang:

THANKS! Super-Shiny Minty-Fresh...as previously mentioned a bit overshadowed by covers 72 & 74 but I have always loved this one...ah hell, I love 'em all... :headbang:

Thought I'd post my 9.4s...Just noticed that FF 75 CGC 9.4 went for $449...WOW! Think I paid about $20 bucks for my copy about 5 years ago...

That was me meh

Though for a W pages, Northland copy I thought it was a very reasonable price all things considered.

Recently prices have taken a step up, and holding out for a 9.6 looks to be a very long wait... and will be decidely 3-4 times as pricey, at least!

Edited by brasseye

That was me meh

Though for a W pages, Northland copy I thought it was a very reasonable price all things considered.

Recently prices have taken a step up, and holding out for a 9.6 looks to be a very long wait... and will be decidely 3-4 times as pricey, at least!

must be a stunning copy, can you post a pic ??