• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,699 posts in this topic

When I trawled round the UK comic marts in the 90s, I never saw a high grade copy of Fantastic Four 13 in person. Great looking copies.

Here is a FF27 I picked up pre-CGC. A small indent at the top of the back cover but the pages are white and the cover colors are nice.

Alan (UK)

YOW....That's high grade.Such a neat book, too.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

When I trawled round the UK comic marts in the 90s, I never saw a high grade copy of Fantastic Four 13 in person. Great looking copies.

Here is a FF27 I picked up pre-CGC. A small indent at the top of the back cover but the pages are white and the cover colors are nice.

Alan (UK)

nice copy Alan.

Alan (UK)

Nice copy Alan

colors are :cloud9:

Here's a nice digital pic of my new one....the scans were too grainy.GOD BLESS...

FF1385.jpg

That is a nice copy jimbo. What kind of flooring is that?

It's just some old gray carpet in our lizard room.GOD BLESS...

100_0044.jpg

It's just some old gray carpet in our lizard room.

You can see it all in the popular "Show us your lizard room" thread in General!

lol

Musta missed that thread. I got pushed down by the 'show us your reading room/bathroom' and the 'show us your shag carpeting' threads. lol

So is that you with the lizard jimbo? Dealing with people through this media I always create a mental picture of the poster based on the personality they project.

Here's a nice digital pic of my new one....the scans were too grainy.GOD BLESS...

FF1385.jpg

100_0044.jpg

And by the way jimbo, I love the infinity cover attempt utilizing the small picture of you just below the bunny basket.

p.s. how much for the basket? It is nice.

I finally, finally, finally got a copy of FF annual #1! This issue has eluded me for a long time...but boy was it worth the wait. What a suberb issue. It's got it all:

37 pages of Lee/Kirby goodness, including the origin of Sub-mariner and Atlantis (for some reason this isn't noted in Overstreet...am I missing something?), the spectacle of New York under the control of Atlanteans, two love triangles, and plenty of FF banter to chuckle at.

Then it has a rogues gallery of foes, a "Questions and Answers about the Fantastic Four" feature, and--my favorite--a full-page diagram of the Baxter Building (I love diagrams of headquarters!).

Next is an 8 page retelling of the first meeting of Spider-man and the FF, by Kirby and Ditko, where Spider-man tries to join the FF but is spurned.

Also included: an ad for Strange Tales annual #2, and an ad announcing a new superhero team, the mighty Avengers!

Finally, the issue ends with a reprinting of the FF origin from issue #1.

This must have been a huge event in the early days of the Marvel Silver Age. And I've finally joined the fun!

FFAn1.jpg

Thought I'd post my 9.4s...Just noticed that FF 75 CGC 9.4 went for $449...WOW! Think I paid about $20 bucks for my copy about 5 years ago...

th_FANTASTICFOUR62CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR63CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR69CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR71CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR73CGC94.jpg

th_FANTASTICFOUR75CGC94-1.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR78CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR82CGC94-1.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR95CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR96CGC94.jpgth_FANTASTICFOUR98CGC94.jpg

FF 75 was the first FF I ever bought with my own money....leaf raking money if memory serves me. I had to do the job twice after leaping in the pile with my friends.I always thought that cover deserved more love...but the 72 and 74 are kind of overwhelming.GOD BLESS...

I finally, finally, finally got a copy of FF annual #1! This issue has eluded me for a long time...but boy was it worth the wait. What a suberb issue. It's got it all:

37 pages of Lee/Kirby goodness, including the origin of Sub-mariner and Atlantis (for some reason this isn't noted in Overstreet...am I missing something?), the spectacle of New York under the control of Atlanteans, two love triangles, and plenty of FF banter to chuckle at.

Then it has a rogues gallery of foes, a "Questions and Answers about the Fantastic Four" feature, and--my favorite--a full-page diagram of the Baxter Building (I love diagrams of headquarters!).

Next is an 8 page retelling of the first meeting of Spider-man and the FF, by Kirby and Ditko, where Spider-man tries to join the FF but is spurned.

Also included: an ad for Strange Tales annual #2, and an ad announcing a new superhero team, the mighty Avengers!

This must have been a huge event in the early days of the Marvel Silver Age. And I've finally joined the fun!

FFAn1.jpg

My first exposure to that material was the reprint in FF Annual 6 and I was blown away by it.The rogues gallery really lit the fire under me for wanting to pick up those back issues. The FF's from that first rogue's gallery are still my fav's to this day.The first ASM Annual was similar in it's jaw-dropping scope.Those are the two BEST Annuals ever published IMHO....GOD BLESS...

FFAn1.jpg

My first exposure to that material was the reprint in FF Annual 6 and I was blown away by it.The rogues gallery really lit the fire under me for wanting to pick up those back issues. The FF's from that first rogue's gallery are still my fav's to this day.The first ASM Annual was similar in it's jaw-dropping scope.Those are the two BEST Annuals ever published IMHO....GOD BLESS...

Very Nice copy John T! What do you grade it at? This is next on my list...currently shopping for a raw copy in the 4.5-6.0 range... :golfclap:

jimbo...just picked up a copy of ASM Annual 1 (hadn't owned one in quite some time...about a 4.0/4/5 reader)...I absolutely agree with you these 2 make a wonderful boxed set and chock full of fantastic material! Take care... :headbang:

Nice collection Mr. Moore!

Thank you Mr. T (if I may call you that... :devil:lol )

I've got 51-100 in CGC 9.0 or better now...working away at the tougher half (have in all raw except for about a half-dozen 9.0 slabs...) :headbang:

FFAn1.jpg

Very Nice copy John T! What do you grade it at? This is next on my list...currently shopping for a raw copy in the 4.5-6.0 range... :golfclap:

jimbo...just picked up a copy of ASM Annual 1 (hadn't owned one in quite some time...about a 4.0/4/5 reader)...I absolutely agree with you these 2 make a wonderful boxed set and chock full of fantastic material! Take care... :headbang:

I'd call it a nice 4.0. It has a readers crease, but otherwise is solid and nice page quality, and a very nice spine for the grade. It was advertised as a VG+ on Ebay, which I can see, and at any rate I'm not going to complain for $46.

Now to find a similar ASM Annual #1!

I've got 51-100 in CGC 9.0 or better now...working away at the tougher half (have in all raw except for about a half-dozen 9.0 slabs...) :headbang:

hm Mr. T huh? That's a first.

That's an impressive collection you've got going! I'm not going the slab or HG route, but I'm slowly but surely getting to the end of the FF run. Of course I still have the toughest books to get...but it's down to a manageable 14 issues to go!

hm Mr. T huh? That's a first.

That's an impressive collection you've got going! I'm not going the slab or HG route, but I'm slowly but surely getting to the end of the FF run. Of course I still have the toughest books to get...but it's down to a manageable 14 issues to go!

That's how I got started again about 7 years ago....a VG 20...I put together a nice VG run of 2-35 off ebay and made the mistake of getting a 16 in VF.I was bitten by the high grade bug....now i'M HOPELESS....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo( a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF1385.jpg

100_0044.jpg

NICE pet!! :applause:

CC