• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
9 9

2,039 posts in this topic

Crikey!

Thanks for sharing those Mr. Highgrade 893applaud-thumb.gif

They are beauts. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Hold on a second..Crikey!!! I am sorry but that's a penalty for use of a unique aussie phrase...where is your I'm An Aussie card ?

An apt punishment will be created... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, Mate. I was in the middle of an oilcan when I wrote that post.

27_laughing.gif it's ok mate, i wont ask you to wrestle a croc or anything. thumbsup2.gif

Well, KC and mr_highgrade kind of raised the bar. I'm reposting the 98 because the scanned image was awful.

x98_small.jpg

Okay, you're probably saying "She bought ANOTHER #50, and in 9.6!?! Is she nuts!" insane.gif What can I say? When I bought the 9.2, I wasn't thinking that I was actually going to win the Comiclink focused auction. But here it is cloud9.gif

x50_small.jpg

Another favorite cover and with White pages! cloud9.gif

x101_small.jpg

CycleGirl

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

New Years Resolutions:

1) to cut down the issues required for a complete run of X-men from 31 down to 15 (if not better)

2) to send to CGC my raw issues of between 1-94

3) to start to upgrade those issues i already have slabbed

AND THE BIG RESOLUTION

4) to finally get my holiest of holies grail...X-Men #1

What are your resolutions for the coming year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

New Years Resolutions:

1) to cut down the issues required for a complete run of X-men from 31 down to 15 (if not better)

AND THE BIG RESOLUTION

My resolutions........

Continue my X-men upgrade

1) Fill in the few holes left in 100-201

2) fill the reprint holes 9.4 and up (slabbed of course) grin.gif

3) continue the upgrade of SA X-books to 9.4 or higher.

4) pickup an x-men 3 in 9.4

5) fill in CA and Modern X-men holes when available.

I'll be very busy crazy.gif

Actually, I just started (unintentionally) and X-Men SA collection thanks to Pirate. So I think my New Year's resolution is going to be to work from that issue back to number 1. (which will take more than 1 year.) I'd like to slab each book as well.

New Years Resolutions:

AND THE BIG RESOLUTION

My resolutions........

I've got my 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif for you to succeed (well except when we are both going after the same book...not that i would do that to YOU devil.gif ).

The upgrading is the devil of it all, but it must be done if you want to settle fully on cloud9.gif

Actually, I just started (unintentionally) and X-Men SA collection thanks to Pirate. So I think my New Year's resolution is going to be to work from that issue back to number 1. (which will take more than 1 year.) I'd like to slab each book as well.

Well Rob (great name thumbsup2.gif ) you cannot find another bunch of great x-men-ites then the ones who frequent this thread to help you out with that goal yay.gif

though watch out for KC and MK they be mean and nasty poke2.gifpoke2.gif

Well Rob (great name thumbsup2.gif ) you cannot find another bunch of great x-men-ites then the ones who frequent this thread to help you out with that goal yay.gif

Who me? devil.gif

Who me? devil.gif

27_laughing.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif must be good if i want to see his collection, i guess

New Years Resolutions:

1) Finish my X-Men 144-201 run in 9.8+ - I just need three books (149, 182 & 198)

2) Be the first to complete a 9.8 run of Wolverine 1-189. This will be challenging since many issues currently have ZERO copies in 9.8.

3) Find 6-12 issues in my X-Men 94-143 run.

4) Possibly finish my X-Men 202-250 run in 9.8. Or at least make some pretty good progress so I can finish it in 2008.

New Years Resolutions:

1) Finish my X-Men 144-201 run in 9.8+ - I just need three books (149, 182 & 198)

2) Be the first to complete a 9.8 run of Wolverine 1-189. This will be challenging since many issues currently have ZERO copies in 9.8.

3) Find 6-12 issues in my X-Men 94-143 run.

4) Possibly finish my X-Men 202-250 run in 9.8. Or at least make some pretty good progress so I can finish it in 2008.

X-.men wise, resolution looks like:

complete my raw X-men 1-66 run (missing 2-6, 8 11,12,13, 61-65)

Complete my 94-143 run.. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif. (or advance ALOT and finish in 2008 )

buy slabbed 9.4 steranko covers 49-51

maybe i have a newfound GA love that will interfere with the above 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ... what to do what to do confused.gif

My resolutions........

1) Fill in half my holes in my 1-66 CGC run. 16 books

- currently 34/66

- goal is 50/66 (+16) by end of 2007

- at least 2 in 9.4 or 9.6 (currently own 4 books in this run at 9.4-9.6)

- at least half of new books in 9.0+

2) Fill in 5-10 holes in my CGC 94-143 run.

3) Make the registry top 10 with either the 1-200 or 1-66 run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Edited by CycleGirl

Ok you wonderful people i need suggestions on what to send in for my first slabbing experience. Should i send in my #'s 8, 9, 10 (and possibly a #6) coming soon or should i just test the waters first and send in #'s starting from #100 and move backwards from there, since i have 2 #'s from the mile high 2 group (my understanding is that CGC doesn't recognise them as a pedigree).

Any suggestions would be appreciated, before i start considering some of my GA titles.