• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Collecting Thread!
9 9

2,039 posts in this topic

Man I'm excited. I'm hoping X-Men 15 is still under the glass at the LCS on Wednesday. Yes, this post is out-of-the-blue. But you know how it is!

The origin of the Beast! That book is on my grail list. One day I hope to get a 9.6 copy.

Ok you wonderful people i need suggestions on what to send in for my first slabbing experience. Should i send in my #'s 8, 9, 10 (and possibly a #6) coming soon or should i just test the waters first and send in #'s starting from #100 and move backwards from there, since i have 2 #'s from the mile high 2 group (my understanding is that CGC doesn't recognise them as a pedigree).

Any suggestions would be appreciated, before i start considering some of my GA titles.

Mile High 2 is a recognised pedigree. I have a couple MH 2 books.

New Years Resolutions:

What are your resolutions for the coming year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1) Finish my X-Men 144-201 run in 9.8+ - I just need three books (149, 182 & 198)

893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifsorry.gif

Yeah, this goal might go south if I keep hanging out with you. foreheadslap.gif

I'll have to replace it with "Get at least one CGC 9.8 copy of X-Men 66-93" thumbsup2.gif

New Years Resolutions:

What are your resolutions for the coming year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1) Finish my X-Men 144-201 run in 9.8+ - I just need three books (149, 182 & 198)

893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifsorry.gif

Yeah, this goal might go south if I keep hanging out with you. foreheadslap.gif

I'll have to replace it with "Get at least one CGC 9.8 copy of X-Men 66-93" thumbsup2.gif

shy.gif

67-93 poke2.gif

Here's a scan of an X-men 16 (offered to me by my LCS about a week after the one i got from cyclegirl...and which i couldn't pass up). The scan is not the greatest but the comic is only marred by a cut running from the face of cyclops to the start of the "X" in X-men. But still nice overall.

scannedphoto-3.jpg

I haven't gotten my 15 yet. Short on cash for it. It was still there and I'm hoping come birthday time maybe the wifey will pick it up for me. I should probably mention that despite how badly I geeked out over Call of Duty 3 and Madden 07 today, I'd still probably DIE if she got me the X-Men 15. It's a pretty copy.

I haven't gotten my 15 yet. Short on cash for it. It was still there and I'm hoping come birthday time maybe the wifey will pick it up for me. I should probably mention that despite how badly I geeked out over Call of Duty 3 and Madden 07 today, I'd still probably DIE if she got me the X-Men 15. It's a pretty copy.

*sends note to rob's wifey to not buy 15 as we don't want a death on our hands...buy it for me instead* poke2.gif

Edited by phoenix215

Here's a scan of an X-men 16 (offered to me by my LCS about a week after the one i got from cyclegirl...and which i couldn't pass up). The scan is not the greatest but the comic is only marred by a cut running from the face of cyclops to the start of the "X" in X-men. But still nice overall.

scannedphoto-3.jpg

A really nice looking book! I can't see the cut you're talking about though. Does it go through the paper or is it more of a narrow gouge?

If you don't mind me asking.... How much is he asking for the book?

CycleGirl

scannedphoto-3.jpg

A really nice looking book! I can't see the cut you're talking about though. Does it go through the paper or is it more of a narrow gouge?

CycleGirl

It goes from about the right cheek of cyclops up in the top left hand corner to the start of X in X-Men. From the scan it looks like a very slight indentation, but it goes through the cover.

And as for how much, since he is one of those souls who is a great guy and i've been friends with for about 10 years, he sould it to me for $45 Aussie...conversion would be about $40 US.

3) Make the registry top 10 with either the 1-200 or 1-66 run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

My other goal is to at least become #2 in 2007 and then that will put me closer to being #1 from 201-300 cloud9.gif

\

You will have to go through me. I will be picking up a X-Men #1 in 9.0 or better this year and finishing the rest of the early run in 9.4 or better thumbsup2.gif. tongue.gif

scannedphoto-3.jpg

CycleGirl

It goes from about the right cheek of cyclops up in the top left hand corner to the start of X in X-Men. From the scan it looks like a very slight indentation, but it goes through the cover.

And as for how much, since he is one of those souls who is a great guy and i've been friends with for about 10 years, he sould it to me for $45 Aussie...conversion would be about $40 US.

thumbsup2.gif Will you submit it to CGC?

scannedphoto-3.jpg

CycleGirl

I'm thinking yes because it should still grade out well 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Plus i'll have to keep an eye out when my LCS has a little sale of all the stuff he has acquired.

3) Make the registry top 10 with either the 1-200 or 1-66 run. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

My other goal is to at least become #2 in 2007 and then that will put me closer to being #1 from 201-300 cloud9.gif

\

You will have to go through me. I will be picking up a X-Men #1 in 9.0 or better this year and finishing the rest of the early run in 9.4 or better thumbsup2.gif. tongue.gif

headbang.gif Good luck, those early X-Mens are too rich for my pockets right now which is why im starting with the later issues. I like your 201-300 run you and watson have a couple of toughies that I have been trying to get but cant seem to find them anywhere confused-smiley-013.gif especially the ones that have less than 15 9.8 in the census never show up.

\

headbang.gif Good luck, those early X-Mens are too rich for my pockets right now which is why im starting with the later issues. I like your 201-300 run you and watson have a couple of toughies that I have been trying to get but cant seem to find them anywhere confused-smiley-013.gif especially the ones that have less than 15 9.8 in the census never show up.

All in good time, you are 20 and have plenty of time to blow all you money like I do on early X-Men. smirk.gif Seriously, you have amassed quite a nice set in a short amount of time. The time to do it is now before life's responsibilities catch up. The later issues are not as hard as you think to find, they just need time to come out of the woodwork. I have just about every issue 5 times over and one day I will sit down and see what to have graded. There are probably 100 guys with the same thing. I"ll keep you in mind when I sell my duplicates.

\

All in good time, you are 20 and have plenty of time to blow all you money like I do on early X-Men. smirk.gif Seriously, you have amassed quite a nice set in a short amount of time. The time to do it is now before life's responsibilities catch up. The later issues are not as hard as you think to find, they just need time to come out of the woodwork. I have just about every issue 5 times over and one day I will sit down and see what to have graded. There are probably 100 guys with the same thing. I"ll keep you in mind when I sell my duplicates.

Thanks for the compliments and advice yay.gif and look foward to your dupes popcorn.gif

scannedphoto-3.jpg

CycleGirl

I'm thinking yes because it should still grade out well 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Plus i'll have to keep an eye out when my LCS has a little sale of all the stuff he has acquired.

Good luck on the submission Be sure to let us know how it comes out! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

scannedphoto-3.jpg

CycleGirl

Good luck on the submission Be sure to let us know how it comes out! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

That i will do..in about 2 months time, depending on how quick they are.. 27_laughing.gif