• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

Anytime I can sell a recent modern for more than cover, IMO, I win. devil.gif

Any time I can sell a recent modern for half of cover IMO, I win. Any more then that is pure bonus. thumbsup2.gif

Any time I can sell a recent modern IMO, I win. crazy.gif

That's one of the reasons I gave up monthlies. Just money down the toliet.

Anytime I can sell a recent modern for more than cover, IMO, I win. devil.gif

Any time I can sell a recent modern for half of cover IMO, I win. Any more then that is pure bonus. thumbsup2.gif

Any time I can sell a recent modern IMO, I win. crazy.gif

That's one of the reasons I gave up monthlies. Just money down the toliet.

But, what about in twenty years! wink.gif

I didn't realize that the point of buying a modern was for resale value. I thought it was for reading enjoyment.

Pat

I have a finite amount of disposable entertainment dollars. $3 for a modern that I read in 2-3 minutes and then goes into a box just doesn't make sense anymore. At least with the vintage stuff I know I can, at worst, break even when reselling it. If companies ever go back to $1.50 newsprint comics, I will start buying again. Until that day my money will be going to something that either provides longer entertainment or can be resold at a later date. Moderns are fun to read, but they are just too expensive for what I get out of them. confused-smiley-013.gif

I didn't realize that the point of buying a modern was for resale value. I thought it was for reading enjoyment.

Pat

I have a finite amount of disposable entertainment dollars. $3 for a modern that I read in 2-3 minutes and then goes into a box just doesn't make sense anymore. At least with the vintage stuff I know I can, at worst, break even when reselling it. If companies ever go back to $1.50 newsprint comics, I will start buying again. Until that day my money will be going to something that either provides longer entertainment or can be resold at a later date. Moderns are fun to read, but they are just too expensive for what I get out of them. confused-smiley-013.gif

I am slowly switching over to trades myself. I like reading an entire story at once and they seem like a far better value. I will buy a hot book to flip, but my reading enjoyment comes from trades.

Pat

You can get 90% of the new books for $1.74 at online subscription companies with most offering $.74 monthly specials on a bunch of books. Shipping is pretty darn cheap too. You can then flip them for about a buck each on the boards, so you're out less than a dollar a book. You end up with a couple of hot books, then you paid for a bunch more confused-smiley-013.gif

Pat

You can get 90% of the new books for $1.74 at online subscription companies with most offering $.74 monthly specials on a bunch of books. Shipping is pretty darn cheap too. You can then flip them for about a buck each on the boards, so you're out less than a dollar a book. You end up with a couple of hot books, then you paid for a bunch more confused-smiley-013.gif

sounds like an awful lot of work confused-smiley-013.gif but whatever works for you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pat

sounds like an awful lot of work confused-smiley-013.gif but whatever works for you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't do it personally, was just commenting on the old they're too expensive and then I can only flip em for a dollar hoopla. whats more work, clicking a bullet on a site and having the books shipped directly to you weekly for a discount or driving in your car to the LCS to get reemed? confused-smiley-013.gif

Pat

I don't do it personally, was just commenting on the old they're too expensive and then I can only flip em for a dollar hoopla. whats more work, clicking a bullet on a site and having the books shipped directly to you weekly for a discount or driving in your car to the LCS to get reemed? confused-smiley-013.gif

I prefer to get reemed in person, and hand select my books thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Pat

I can see how that would work, but I really don't care enough to make the effort. The only titles I read regularly were Conan, Goon and The Ultimates, the rest of the stuff I picked up was random. I guess I would rather read a novel anyway.

Pat

I can see how that would work, but I really don't care enough to make the effort. The only titles I read regularly were Conan, Goon and The Ultimates, the rest of the stuff I picked up was random. I guess I would rather read a novel anyway.

JC, is that you? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifmakepoint.gif

Where the heck has JC been?

October, do you at least buy the trades for those three books you liked? I can understand otherwise.

Pat

I just stopped buying moderns about a month ago, so I haven't really thought about it. Maybe I will wait a year and try to pick them up cheap on eBay or something.

Because I'm feeling all festive and *spoon*, here's a tip.

Buy this book:

03163930321.15.GIF

you should be able to get it for nothing. This will be a $15-20 book in six months. thumbsup2.gif

Why? You have inside info? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Feel free to PM me with it if you don't want to post it grin.gif

oooh oooh ooohh I know I know...

(I really do... 893applaud-thumb.gif)

hail.gifhail.gifthumbsup2.gif

This is a layup. You should be able to find this book for a quarter, because it is drek-edy drek drek. When you flip it for $15 in six months, remember your good friend Mr. Donut.