• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

This is pretty high for an uncentered copy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270059485346

CGC 9.8 Rai #3, $252.00

Usually well-centered copies command an additional premium.

If they ever give the "classic cover" designation to Valiant books, this one will get it. thumbsup2.gif

I would bet that its going to be very very hard to get 9.8 and higher slabbed versions of Spider-Man Reign 1. That black cover gets fingerprints/markings if you look at it.

With Colossus Comics basically guaranteeing 9.8's though (with the cost of the comic and slabbing fees, you're actually paying maybe $10 for their trouble), it might be better to just use the Previews Catalog to see potentially hard to slab comics (black covers) and buy the 9.8's from them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif (That also shifts the onus of actually producing a 9.8 quality copy onto them.)

I wish Fear Agent stuff would gain some heat. Even though I don't see many #3 on Ebay.

Me too, and in my opinion, the book certainly deserves it thumbsup2.gif

I do remember an auction for issues 1-4 fetching over $40, but that seems to have been just a fluke confused-smiley-013.gif

Had to share, went to pick up Onslaught: Reborn yesterday. They only had two left on the shelf. Liefeld cover and sketch variant. I grabbed the sketch (not realizing it was the limited cover. I thought the Turner was the limited.) and they sold it to me for cover. Totally shocked. That never happens.....to pick up a book 3 weeks late and have such a good cheap find. I don't know if this is heating up right now, but I was pretty happy with it!

I like a few sleepers in the next few months.

Wonder Woman 105/111 - 105 is 1st appearance of Cassie/Wonder Girl and 111 is her 1st appearance in Costume. Her role in 52 is starting to increase as long as they dont kill her in the end look for it to rise.

What If 4 - What if The Alien Costume Had Possessed Spider-man - I could be wrong, but I see this one similiar to the rise the Clone Saga What if book did years back. At $2-3 for NM its a steal now. Interested to see if the movie boosts it up or not.

Sets of Spider-Man: Reign are going for BIN on ebay for $15-20 for both cover versions. Singles are going for $5.50+ (I don't understand that myself...) Went to a show today and only one table hadn't sold out and I had to pay $7 each. So I would say this one is heating up already. Talk of it being Marvel's Dark Knight series, and talk of the second printing not showing Spidey's peter makes this one a hot seller apparently.

Sets of Spider-Man: Reign are going for BIN on ebay for $15-20 for both cover versions. Singles are going for $5.50+ (I don't understand that myself...) Went to a show today and only one table hadn't sold out and I had to pay $7 each. So I would say this one is heating up already. Talk of it being Marvel's Dark Knight series, and talk of the second printing not showing Spidey's peter makes this one a hot seller apparently.

I picked it up read it and put it right back down. Its poor man's version of the LoDK.

It reads more like a drawn out saga I guess. I am getting tired of those lately. There are still literaly 50 issues at my local comic shop so trust me it isnt selling out. Iron Fist on the other hand has completely sold out here locally. I read it and it wasnt bad not great, but not a bad start. I might buy one more to see where it goes. I can give Brubaker some slack because he has a very good track record. I am also really enjoying Trials of Shazam as well.

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm, my LCS still, as of yesterday, still had a rack full of WD 33s... perhaps it's regional. Nope, I ain't going to run out and buy them. At $3.50 or whatever cover, there's too much risk, too little reward.

Damn! I paid less for my graded copy (and yes I buy graded moderns at times).

That said, when next summer comes around and Marvel's big 2007 event, World War Hulk starts, this could be viewed as the start of it all (with Civil War ties) that may have been under the radar (slighllty) due to Civil War.

...and it kicks *spoon*.