• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

What would constitute MileHigh selling it for $75?

Nothing. Mile High almost entirely bases their prices on how many copies they have in stock, not on market values. 100's in stock and their price will be low. 1 or 2 in stock and they will raise the price to absurd levels. Obviously makes sense to Chuck.

What would constitute MileHigh selling it for $75?

they can't put on super-secret-codeword sales if books are priced at market value! makepoint.gif

it's a brilliant scheme. price books at 225% of guide, have a "half off" sale, and watch the lemmings pour in to buy common books at 112.5% of guide.

confused-smiley-013.gif

my numbers might actually be low.

that being said, there are the occasional - and i use this in the loosest sense of the word - good deals to be had, if you wait for the right time and have the patience of a Zen Master

Hello, this thread is one of the more useful on the boards. Thanks to all who tipped me Batman Man Who Laughs, 300, and some others. They have been and still are selling for well over $25.00. Is there any way we can get this thread stickied to the top of the Moderns Section? Thanks again!

I picked up a Deadpool 55 this weekend for $2.50 and it's a NM copy. I got that, along with Deadpool 1997 annual (team-up with Daredevil) and the Deadpool and Widdle Wade teamup for cover.

Mike B.

Nice pickups. 893whatthe.gif

I am assuming from a local store.

I've got 8 Anita Blakes coming early next week. (well they are on my pulled to be shipped list) Paid $1.74 each and pray the book holds up when the #2 comes out this week.

I've got 8 Anita Blakes coming early next week. (well they are on my pulled to be shipped list) Paid $1.74 each and pray the book holds up when the #2 comes out this week.

Nice thumbsup2.gif Can't go wrong with that deal!

I picked up the Anita Blake 1:25 sketch variant at my local store for $10. The owner had run out of the regular editions the day it was released, but, for some reason, no one bought the variant. Oh well...

And, yes, the Deadpools all came from a local store.

Mike B.

I was curious as to who else has a online buylist. I know about lonestar comics. Also why is the Juggernaut thing hot?? Thanks for any help. Matt

Because he's "the juggernaut, *spoon*!" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=kAlQc6keOgA) would be my guess over Vinny Jones' character from X-Men III.

Why are these getting hot now and not when the movie came out?

Why are these getting hot now ... ?

They aren't. Lone Star has had those prices for those issues on their buylist for many months now (over half a year).

I'm not 100% sure what it is about those issues that makes them in such demand. The covers are nice and the story is good, so I guess that helps. I guess any ASM issues with crossover appeal to non-Spider-Man collectors generally do pretty well. These 2 issues were also collected in Sensational Spider-Man: Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut, so I guess that says something about their long-term demand as well. They are also usually absent from back issue bins (along with 238-239 and 252), from what I've experienced over many years.

Try finding those Juggernaut issues and the one that had The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man story for cheap... Those three issues are largely regarded as classics and are considered three of the best stories of the Copper Age, so that may be why they're so expensive.

You know, I've seen plenty of copies of GI Joe 21 for sale, but they're always expensive. Now, since there are so many copies of this book out there, why is it so expensive? Because it's regarded as a classic to GI Joe fans.

Spider-Man has as many fans, if not more, so I hope you can understand why these issues are expensive.

Plus, try finding these in any grade. Most stores don't have them in stock. They'll have issues all around those, but, they're just not readily available. Then, when copies do come in, dealers hike the price and usually get what they ask for them.

Not so much a modern comic, but try finding Flash 275 and 323 and 324. In all the shops I visit, I rarely ever see these — and when I do, they're usually beat copies that still command a hefty price tag.

It took me years and years (this is way before the internet became the world's largest comic shop) to find my first copy of Flash 275 (the death of Iris Allen), and, when I finally did find it, it cost me a nice chunk of change. Same with Flash 323 and 324 (I still have NEVER found a copy of 324 in any shop in better condition than VG).

Flash 323 has a cover that will one day be considered a classic Flash cover (Flash vs. Reverse Flash), while 324 has the actual death of Reverse Flash. That issue is considered a turning point for the Barry Allen Flash (it kicked off the Trial of the Flash storyline and led to his ultimate demise) and I'd almost bet that the Barry Allen Flash has way more fans than the Wally West and Bart Allen Flashes put together.

I think these issues will continue to rise in value, due to their popularity, their hard-to-find status and the stories contained within. If you find them cheap, you should pick them up.

Mike B.