• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay

3,099 posts in this topic

Wizard is hyping Alpha Flight 106-130 as being hot. They quote one retailer as saying he is able to get at least $6 per issue, with certain issues such as 106 (Northstar comes out) fetching $25. I haven't seen this translate to ebay yet, but it could be coming.

-Chris

Oh man. Those AF issues were nothing short of horrible. Print run, probably. Worth it, I doubt it.

But thanks for the heads up.

Pat

Interesting... especially the 106 part... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wizard is hyping Alpha Flight 106-130 as being hot. They quote one retailer as saying he is able to get at least $6 per issue, with certain issues such as 106 (Northstar comes out) fetching $25. I haven't seen this translate to ebay yet, but it could be coming.

Did I just hit a time-warp and end up the 90's again?

Is that in the current Wizard? If so please give me the page number Id like to read that. I can only guess they are hyping them due to low print runs? Those books were pretty bad if I remember.

It was interesting reading a recent Wizard issue where they went back and showed the current prices of back issue comics they've hyped one way or another over the half year or so. Red was the dominant color... 27_laughing.gif

Jim

Was Deadpool a good book, that is, worth reading? I know he was/is a popular character, but that was during my "b&w indy" phase where I read very little Marvel/DC. But I don't mind going back and finding a new good book. My LCS has a couple issues in the single digits.

Also, I checked out the book "Talent" and it seems it was recently optioned for a movie, which I guess explains the recent high sales. My LCS had 4 1st print #1s, as well as a couple second prints (noted in the indicia, but also the cover has a black "Boom Studios" logo on the first print, while it's blue on the seconds). I got 3 of those (what a nice guy I am) plus 2 and 3. I've read the first 2 so far and while it's decent enough, it all seems strangely familiar. A passenger jet goes down, the sole survivor is suspected of being a terrorist because he did survive, he's on the run from people trying to kill him, and he has somehow absorbed the "talents" of other people on the plane. And there is some sort of spiritual/religious backstory that hasn't been fully explained yet.

So here's an update to my just completed eBay auctions; 7 day auctions:

1. Infinity Gauntlet set #1-6, all NM: Start price $9.99, End price $16.50.

2. Infinity War set #1-6, all NM: Start price $9.99, End price $9.99

3. New Mutants #16, NM-; Start price $3.99, BIN $10. BIN hit after 6 days. End price $10.00

confused-smiley-013.gif Not that hot, but not bad since I bought each book for $1 at a local con. grin.gif