• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CL's October Golden Age auction looks to be a good one...

361 posts in this topic

893whatthe.gif No raw Actions? frustrated.gif

Why not buy a slabbed one and crack it out?

This may sound strange, but I collect CGC books. I am trying to purchase them all raw, so I can examine them thoroughly and then send them in to CGC. I guess, I feel, that I can get a better deal on a raw book, get to flip through them, and submit it myself. It's worked out pretty good so far. The only disadvantages, are the certainty of the grade, and you might get stuck with a restored book. (like the #27 a year or so back) frown.gif I'm going to try it this way for a while, and then I may start to buy CGC books. I have spent, a fortune (for me) in the past few weeks on books, and I have already located my purchase for next week.

Good luck winning your book(s). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hello all...

have my Bat-Bids in smile.gif

rick

Ohh boy, I wonder what batman and/or detective books you bid on cause I did bid on quite a few of them. I'm not sure if you outbidded me on some of the books. I hate it when I have to go up against a fellow board member. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Hey guys,

I've never participated in a ComicLink auction before, but I see they have a restored 4.5 Superman #6. A #6 has been one of my grails for the past several years, and it looks nice enough for the grade that I'm quite OK with the resto. I'm going to go after this book in a serious way, and will likely bid on the 2.0 #11 as well. Please PM me if you're planning to make a try for these!

893whatthe.gif No raw Actions? frustrated.gif

Why not buy a slabbed one and crack it out?

This may sound strange, but I collect CGC books. I am trying to purchase them all raw, so I can examine them thoroughly and then send them in to CGC. I guess, I feel, that I can get a better deal on a raw book, get to flip through them, and submit it myself. It's worked out pretty good so far. The only disadvantages, are the certainty of the grade, and you might get stuck with a restored book. (like the #27 a year or so back) frown.gif I'm going to try it this way for a while, and then I may start to buy CGC books. I have spent, a fortune (for me) in the past few weeks on books, and I have already located my purchase for next week.

Good luck winning your book(s). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I see what your saying comicdonna, but you could consider buying both CGC and 'raw' books, depending of course on the seller, If I see a book I want/need, it can be raw or CGC graded, I mean it's still the same book inside those little plastic holders..however, if buying raw, I am more cautious and ask alot of questions and usually stick to reputable sellers,.. so far I've been lucky with no bad experiences..

I'm kind of surprised how many bids there are already on a lot of these books. Is there less sniping on Clink auctions than there is on ebay? On ebay it seems that most of the bids are in the last thirty seconds of the auction.

You're not kidding. A few hours into the auctions some of the books are already higher than I expected them to sell for (Action 5, 9, 11 for example) Still some books on my watch list though.

Hey guys,

I've never participated in a ComicLink auction before, but I see they have a restored 4.5 Superman #6. A #6 has been one of my grails for the past several years, and it looks nice enough for the grade that I'm quite OK with the resto. I'm going to go after this book in a serious way, and will likely bid on the 2.0 #11 as well. Please PM me if you're planning to make a try for these!

they both look like nice books Jon, I hope you get one (or both), I'll be placing bids on other books, not these, so good luck.