• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

No one has posted a book in this thread for a couple of days, so here is one. This is Kirby's first cover for DC:

1436696-Adv.73%282%29.jpg

Now, that's a really sharp looking copy of a really HTF book with just a gorgeous cover image. Just absolutely love the red and green colours on this cover cloud9.gif

Hard to find one of these in high grade. Would this be a pedigree copy or something since it looks really nice and has manage to retain the deep cover gloss?

Now, that's a really sharp looking copy of a really HTF book with just a gorgeous cover image. Just absolutely love the red and green colours on this cover cloud9.gif

Hard to find one of these in high grade. Would this be a pedigree copy or something since it looks really nice and has manage to retain the deep cover gloss?

No, it isn't a pedigree, although I agree that the colors are particularly nice. I remember that back in the 80's, this was considered one of the toughest Adventure books to find. I don't know whether or not that view still holds true today.

No one has posted a book in this thread for a couple of days, so here is one. This is Kirby's first cover for DC:

One of my favorite covers of the Adventure run. 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif I always liked this cover more then # 79 , even though that one is a Classic also. Great looking copy!!

Great looking book. I hope to own a copy someday down the road.

Congrats on your run! What a great cover on #60, I don't think I've ever seen that one before. thumbsup2.gif

Nothing says action better than a superhero making a telephone call.

S

Typically I would agree with you on that Stephen, but for my money, there is just nothing like good old fashioned action featuring.....

one guy reaching for the other guys root, while saying the word "Johnson" on my golden age!

rootreaching.jpg