• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cherish a Chesler!
2 2

638 posts in this topic

Great pick-ups Billy!!!

I was watching that Cocomalt too!!! It got a little too rich for my blood though!!! :boo:

Congrats!!!!

here're a couple little runs for you Owl.

scoops.jpg

redseals.jpg

Love all of those Cheslers Mr. Parker!!! Especially like how Scoop #1 copies the little gag from Star Ranger #2!!! Super books!!!! :applause:

By the way I know where there are two (2) more Cocomalts available, maybe I'll get lucky and snag of those!!!

They are not as nice as your pick-up was!!!

Also only one is currently in my price range!!! :wishluck:

They don't come up very often, it's amazing that three copies come up with-in a week of each other!!!! hm

well, I need the 3rd one, so there, we can snag them all...PM me details BO

Interestingly, the fact that Red Seal start with 14 is completely arbitrary. Obviously, to communicate to kids that this was an established title, it had a "high" number. It continued from Spotlight 3.

How do I know.

I have an page from what was going to be "Spotlight 4"---Spotlight is crossed out and "Red Seal"inserted and a "1" added before the "4" and the # sign.

Public service information of esoteria that we did not need to know.

Jon

52794-blackdwrf2.jpg.5c2d81419b3b489fe85e8fd175d13c19.jpg

Edited by jbcomicbox

That Scoop # 2 is a great looking 3.0. What do the notes say that bring it down like that? I've always admired that cover, obvious take on the Lou Fine Red Bee cover in Hit Comics. :cloud9:
(thumbs u

That Scoop # 2 is a great looking 3.0. What do the notes say that bring it down like that? I've always admired that cover, obvious take on the Lou Fine Red Bee cover in Hit Comics. :cloud9:

notes say: FROM THE COLLECTION OF GATOR. LIKE ANYONE GIVES A SHEEYIT."

notes say: FROM THE COLLECTION OF GATOR. LIKE ANYONE GIVES A SHEEYIT."

yeah, what he said

thanks guys...I really had no overwhelming urge to buy cheslers (outside of the precursor centaurs), but when gary posted this one, it just struck me!

you were subconsciously influenced two weeks ago by this one.

1945.jpg

oh, there was nothing subconscious about it....it was full frontal lobe induced!...but, outside of the 4 or 5 I pointed out on pons' couch, those are likely the only cheslers I will try to get :)

to refute pons again, I won't be collecting this publisher to any great extent, even though I hear parkers runs are great (and his comics too) lol