• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

That's a tough choice. The first Plastic Man story by Cole is fantastic, but the National has such a gorgeous cover. Since it's a Mile High, I guess I would choose the National.

Steve what an awful choice, how about I sayeth nay to both. $20,000 on crack seems like a better option at this point.

Well, it would seem that this sentiment, particularly with respect to the National #7, was confirmed through the results of several Heritage auctions after this initial sale. After hitting $20,700 in early 2004, it failed to meet reserve in several subsequent auctions until it was eventaully resold for a measly $11,950 in early 2007. :tonofbricks:

Back to the question though, a classic Lou Fine cover with a third tier character versus a #1 issue with the first appearance of Plastic Man and Phantom Lady. National Comics #7 with the highest graded copy (by far) of a HTF book versus a much more common book that is not even the highest graded copy. An undervalued National #7 at only $3,500 in top of guide versus an overvalued Police #1 at $13,500 in top of guide. hm

Hmmm.....let me see, if I had to make a choice between these two, it would have to be the National Comics #7, since an Edgar Church would always win out over a Windy City. (thumbs u

Based upon rarity and cover the National 7 is tops, plus a church book. Then again Plastic Man is always been kinda cool to me, but 20K for either would be more than I would pay for either one.

For 10K I would take the National, over 10K for the Police, but at 20K I would have to pass.

Paul

Price and condition are comparable. Which would you choose?

Boot to the head:

fight42.jpg

or Bayonet to the gut:

RangersComics19.jpg

Edited by seank

or Bayonet to the gut:

RangersComics19.jpg

Bayonet. Not only did the Japanese soldier get the point, but he was able to internalize it as well.

Edited by adamstrange

or Bayonet to the gut:

RangersComics19.jpg

Bayonet. Not only did the Japanese soldier get the point, but he was able to internalize it as well.

I prefer this one, but only becaus eI like Brunettes over Blondes.