• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which one would you choose ????
2 2

5,844 posts in this topic

given the grades, Id go with the Cap. He seems to have more immediate upside with the movie maybe raising his awareness level a bit, Plus, a 7.0 Batman isnt really an upper tier copy. Especially if, as debated in the other thread about comic populations out there, there are 1000 Superman 1s, there must be 2000 Batman 1s.

Also I think while Timely collectors love for Marvel 1 might eventually cool off succumbing to hobby reality, they'll always love Cap 1. yes?

Boy... I feel kind of stupid for saying I'd take the Batman #1 over the Captain America #1 but...

Stupid is as stupid does. :insane:

Visually speaking, I just like the Batman 1 more. It has a cleaner, better focused composition with an almost timeless feel to it whereas the Cap 1 is just too "busy" with all of the assorts characters, colors, movements, etc.

Historically speaking, I do feel that the Captain America 1 could possibly edge out Joker and Catwoman's 1st appearances (could... though I'm not sure does is the correct call), but it's a marginal victory though as these two villains (especially Joker) are monumental in their contribution to comicdom.

I suppose that in the end, I would pick the Batman 1 simply because when it comes down to it, I followed (and continue to follow) Batman more than I do Cap.

From a value standpoint today, cap 1 has much more upside potential

2 yrs ago they both sold for about the same grade for grade...

Fast forward to today and bat 1 is about 2x pricier now grade for grade

A year from now I think cap will grow faster (relative to today pricing) than bat 1 will

Just my opinion

Boy... I feel kind of stupid for saying I'd take the Batman #1 over the Captain America #1 but...

Stupid is as stupid does. :insane:

Visually speaking, I just like the Batman 1 more. It has a cleaner, better focused composition with an almost timeless feel to it

(worship)

Nicely put, Tim. (thumbs u

Thanks Adam and Bill. I find all this constant anti-Robin sentiment, applied by people with post-1980s sensibilities, to be tiresome. I'm not a fan of Robin, although I'm not a fan of Batman either. But to dispute the significance of Robin in the comicbook universe is just ridiculous.

I'm not a fan, per se, of Robin either, but I do love Tec 38. Very important book in my opinion. Sidekicks aren't my favorite genre in the hobby by any stretch of the imagination, but clearly Robin is the only important one in the grand scheme of things. Not very many people in the world could even name another comic hero sidekick.

And for that matter, a small percentage of the world even knows who Captain America is. I know that is hard for us to believe as he is so iconic to us comic geeks, but I can't tell you how many times I've brought him up to non-comic friends and they had no idea who he was. The same was true for characters like Flash. I'd say "Flash" and they'd say "Flash Gordon?"

Robin on the otherhand, is known by almost everyone I've mentioned him to.

So there you have it.

This is unfortunately the truth concerning these two books, and why the "Bat" wins this time. :( But let it be stated, I am a Marvel over DC collector, and most of time except for the DC keys which Marvel cannot touch..i would vote "Make Mine Marvel" exclusively (and no, I am not Parker in disguise). lol

Both sold for $38,000 in August of 2009. ( I know which one I would pick in 1/2 of 1 second, and it wouldn't be the Adventure :gossip: ). But....this thread is not about me, it's about you! So......which one would you choose, and why????

97584.jpg.19fe602350933b0142d9c90095c7d451.jpg

97585.jpg.eb04906bd9f8d1dd178b2f9230d8afac.jpg

Both sold for $38,000 in August of 2009. ( I know which one I would pick in 1/2 of 1 second, and it wouldn't be the Adventure :gossip: ). But....this thread is not about me, it's about you! So......which one would you choose, and why????

Archie #1 in a nanosecond. Much rarer book, much cooler book, and if you are into the value side of the hobby, better upside.

The grade thingy in the corner is of no moment to me when comparing these two books

Archie #1 in a nanosecond. Much rarer book, much cooler book, and if you are into the value side of the hobby, better upside.

The grade thingy in the corner is of no moment to me when comparing these two books

What he said.

Just the opposite. Not being a girl, I'll take Sandman.

:baiting:

Just the opposite. Not being a girl, I'll take Sandman.

:baiting:

Following your logic, then are you saying:

Adventure in a lightyear, because it is more common, less cool, into the value side of the hobby; but unconcerned that it would be a loss position investment going forward, focused on the grade thingy, but more manly than the Archie?

(shrug):baiting: