• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

We also never received one of these:

4200_zps7jvi1hxf.jpg

And if we had, it would have been promptly thrown in the nearest trashcan!

I'm ok with these (although I'd rather not waste money on them), but think the winners should still get bigger better stuff.

Anyway, about my washtub. I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball.

Anyway, about my washtub. I'd just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as a walking-bird. We'd always have walking-bird on Thanksgiving, with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called baseball.

Tie an onion to your belt. It's the style

Tie an onion to your belt. It's the style

I fell 8000 feet to my death. Of course, folks were tougher in them days. I was jitterbugging that very night!

Walking-Bird made me giggle.

That is unacceptable, as it is well known that Ryan is, in fact, unfunny.

This should make you feel better....

lol It does. I should have known he couldn't have been responsible for that giggle.

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably.

The lesson is: never try.

Does anyone else find it frustrating when a group shot is posted of books that will be for sale, only to have them sell by PM before they are posted? It has happened to me many times and I end up feeling like a sucker when I wait around for them only to see them go to a PM sniper.

It's not against the rules right now and I don't fault people who have done it, but I personally think it should be against the rules. Anyone feel the same?

Does anyone else find it frustrating when a group shot is posted of books that will be for sale, only to have them sell by PM before they are posted? It has happened to me many times and I end up feeling like a sucker when I wait around for them only to see them go to a PM sniper.

It's not against the rules right now and I don't fault people who have done it, but I personally think it should be against the rules. Anyone feel the same?

one of the things I like about your threads, you never presell

I don't know about encoding it in the rules, but I agree that it's lame. Don't list or post an image of a book in a sales thread if it isn't going to be made publicly available in that very thread. Otherwise, we straight shooters get hosed.

Maybe it should be a rule hm

Edited by edowens71

one of the things I like about your threads, you never presell

I don't have an issue with preselling. What I mean by preselling is that you have a book to sell...you know Joe might want it. You send Joe a PM asking if he wants it BEFORE you reveal the book's existence in a sales thread. Fine. I do that myself. That's different.

Edited by edowens71