• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

What about payment method? I thought personal/gift PP option was listed in the guidelines as a no-no?

You're correct. Link? :rulez:

I've seen it openly listed in a couple of threads or often hinted at, one quite recently. Guess it should be expected, there's always going to be ppl that want to bend the rules. Perhaps the mentality is that it's a fee free and faster way of personal check/money order. I don't like losing money either to Ebay/PP/auction house fees, but whatever. It's going to happen regardless of it being discussed and/or ranted about.

What about payment method? I thought personal/gift PP option was listed in the guidelines as a no-no?

A seller cannot ask for PP personal payment. If a buyer decides to send it that way, that is on them.

-slym

A seller cannot ask for PP personal payment. If a buyer decides to send it that way, that is on them.

-slym

And some buyers when they know a reputable seller are very generous when it comes to this :grin:

I have recently acquired a lot of adult comics with nudity, sex and offensive titles. Can I list those kinds of items in the forums?

good question. Cover up the naughty bits and naughty words. Use asterisks or dash marks when necessary for wording.

The stated return policy seems to be tripping people up. Would it make sense to have the default be NO Returns and then let sellers opt out?

That's a dangerous default. If you're going to have a default policy, it should be returns allowed within 30 days since that's the PL nomination timeline.

Or, perhaps, the additional rule is unnecessary when a default is in place, especially when the rules permit one's return policy to be no returns.

There don't seem to be other default settings for sale terms. Its a small price to pay for access to this audience for FREE, simply listing your return policy (which is a genuinely good idea anyways)

I totally agree, and I offer returns no questions asked. I think some sellers might not regularly check the rules (since they're confident they know the rules and have been selling for a while) so I don't think it's a thread poofing offense. But, it's really just a transition phase that should work itself out over time.

Maybe people can take ownership of their sales threads? It doesn't cost anything to sell here. The least they can do is follow the rules.

I don't want a default return time. I want the seller to be proactive and actually think about their policies.

From the discussion, it became abundantly clear that peoples opinion about what constituted a legitimate return and the time frame in which claims needed to be made varied significantly. I was unpleasantly surprised by some of the opinions regarding restoration returns.