• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAGE GUIDELINES - comment thread
3 3

1,589 posts in this topic

• Administrator

If you put the post up, and then went back to edit it to comply with the rules, that's probably why it was pulled. Posts should comply when they go up rather than straggling along afterwards.

If you put the post up, and then went back to edit it to comply with the rules, that's probably why it was pulled. Posts should comply when they go up rather than straggling along afterwards.

That's silly.

That's silly.

Someone must have hit the notify button for it to be cleaned so quickly.

And yes, it is silly.

That's silly.

+1

If the posts are now complying, they are now complying.

• Administrator

That's silly.

+1

Edit and removal by moderation crossed in mid stream. If you put up a post that doesn't comply with the intent of editing it later, that's the risk you take. Better and cleaner to do it right to begin with.

That's silly.

+1

Edit and removal by moderation crossed in mid stream. If you put up a post that doesn't comply with the intent of editing it later, that's the risk you take. Better and cleaner to do it right to begin with.

It's aggressive and surgical. Most people comply as soon as they are reminded of an infraction by a boardie. Pulling threads with abandon is just going to create a bad taste in people's mouths.

• Administrator

It's aggressive and surgical. Most people comply as soon as they are reminded of an infraction by a boardie. Pulling threads with abandon is just going to create a bad taste in people's mouths.

Putting up threads that don't meet the guidelines and then causing the moderators to keep watching them to see if they eventually do creates extra work for moderation for zero reason.

So while threads will sometimes get updated quickly enough, and moderation will sometimes notice that they are no longer in violation - there will be no guarantee of that.

If someone puts up a thread that doesn't meet guidelines, they are taking a risk that it will be pulled - not because the policy will be to remove threads that are were EVER in violation, but because the late compliance may get missed. That isn't a moderation problem, it's a posting problem.

That having been said, I'm not encouraging moderators to pull threads just because they used to be in violation. However, if someone makes a habit of failing to be compliant and fixing it later, they will eventually be warned to stop it.

what should I do if I buy a CGC book and it arrives damaged because it was only shipped in a bubble mailer and the seller will not pay return shipping?

grinder67 is his name

I got the book damaged

I requested a refund + return shipping through PayPal

He said to ship the book back

I asked if he was going to refund return shipping

He did not respond

I gave him the option to partial refund $12 (reholder) + $5 shipping to CGC for the reholder

He refused and refuses to pay return shipping

He shipped it in a bubble mailer with no additional protection

what should I do if I buy a CGC book and it arrives damaged because it was only shipped in a bubble mailer and the seller will not pay return shipping?

grinder67 is his name

I got the book damaged

He did not respond

I gave him the option to partial refund $12 (reholder) + $5 shipping to CGC for the reholder

Post it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976814

grinder67 is his name

I got the book damaged

He did not respond

I think you mean grider67. Is this the book?

To those accusing me of scamming in my dark knight returns 9.8 cgc ss thread, you are not exactly wrong but I truly wasn't scamming you.

What I wanted to do was provide images of a cgc ss set so that you would pay the money to paypal and then I would use that money to buy a non ss 9.8 set to get signed and regraded, which I was going to ship to you. Again I offered returns.

Plus given paypals buyer protection with goods and services ( as i would detail the return policy in the paypal invoice) you would get your money back if i didn't give a return.

Also if the set regraded less than 9.8 then I would've bought a 9.8 ss and sent it to you. As again I wasn't trying to scam though only make money, though the method may have been a little unorthodox but if you do the math it provides great profit margins.

Edited by batmanis

To those accusing me of scamming in my dark knight returns 9.8 cgc ss thread, you are not exactly wrong but I truly wasn't scamming you.

What I wanted to do was provide images of a cgc ss set so that you would pay the money to paypal and then I would use that money to buy a non ss 9.8 set to get signed and regraded, which I was going to ship to you. Again I offered returns.

Plus given paypals buyer protection with goods and services ( as i would detail the return policy in the paypal invoice) you would get your money back if i didn't give a return.

Also if the set regraded less than 9.8 then I would've bought a 9.8 ss and sent it to you. As again I wasn't trying to scam though only make money, though the method may have been a little unorthodox but if you do the math it provides great profit margins.

Sweet Jesus.

It's great that you put all that information in your sales post and didn't lead everyone to believe you actually owned the books you were selling.

All that crystal clear disclosure in your sales thread really made sure that no one would think the wrong thing about you or what you were trying to pull.

A "little unorthodox" is only ok when you disclose all those details up front and at the same time and place as your original post.

Don't sell what you don't own.

Don't make it look like you own what you don't.

Don't try to take money from people under false pretenses (which is what your post is)

And a newsflash...photoshopping the label from one book onto the body of another book and offering it for sale is not "a little unorthodox" it's fraudulent.

Thanks for posting this, it will make for a faster case for the authorities and law enforcement, which someone may or may not have just alerted....

Thinking this through, it's an even bigger crock than at first glance.

You are in one of two situations.

It's either:

1) You don't want to risk your own money and want someone else to lay out everything plus a profit for yourself for books you don't own, in grades you don't know, with signatures you haven't acquired.

You show people manipulated and fake images of books without disclosing that they aren't yours, these aren't the exact books they are buying or that there's a chance the books may never exist in these grades with these signatures. You want people to pay 4 figures for signed books, show them signed books and you are going to get entirely other books signed with their money. What if the signatures look like junk? What if they sign in black on a dark background? What if they are smudged?

You'll refund people? After you've had their money for months without any knowledge of what's going on?

The other, and worse circumstance would be:

2) You don't have the money to buy a non-SS set, pay Miller and Janson's fees, grading and all other costs and then offer the books for sale. You need someone else's money to buy the books, pay for the sigs and grading and shipping.

So, if the books come back less than 9.8 or you can only get Miller or only get Janson, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REFUND THE BUYER'S MONEY when you used their money to buy the books and pay the sig fees?

How are you going to buy a 9.8 SS set to give to the buyer when you didn't have the money to buy and flip the original set that was offered in the first place?

Where's that cash going to come from?