• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,866 posts in this topic

based on the way MCS listed this one (#208 as in August of '62) I thought it might have been a missing Four Color and added it to my want list along with dozens of other Missing Four Colors  years ago 

Turns out it was actually a spun off series  which was listed as Jonny Jason Teen Reporter #2 inside.  Bht a fun book to look at.  How many issues did the series run anyway?

Scan_27-01-2023_2217.jpg

On 1/28/2023 at 9:33 AM, jmg3637 said:

based on the way MCS listed this one (#208 as in August of '62) I thought it might have been a missing Four Color and added it to my want list along with dozens of other Missing Four Colors  years ago 

Turns out it was actually a spun off series  which was listed as Jonny Jason Teen Reporter #2 inside.  Bht a fun book to look at.  How many issues did the series run anyway?

Scan_27-01-2023_2217.jpg

Two, I believe.

It actually turned up a few years ago in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 comic, as well.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:32 PM, OtherEric said:

From ECCC today:

FC_0200.jpg

Boy, that’s a nice 200! That’s one I’ve never found in hand, and as I’m sure you know, it’s been tough to win books like this on the Bay these past few years. I should’ve been more dedicated just six or seven years ago to finding my favorite Four Colors.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, PopKulture said:

Boy, that’s a nice 200! That’s one I’ve never found in hand, and as I’m sure you know, it’s been tough to win books like this on the Bay these past few years. I should’ve been more dedicated just six or seven years ago to finding my favorite Four Colors.

Harley had it as a 6.0, I believe.  Still cheap, though.  I think a lot of the four colors are under appreciated these days, possible because they look like high numbers 

Since I posted last  I have had  and recovered from COVID

We have also recarpeted  about 1/3rd of the house.

So that means I am finally able to build out  another Walk-in Comic closet in the bedroom  where my youngest  daughter ( 28) lived until a year and a half ago.

I was able to convince HP to replace the  awful printer I had purchased from them as it kept loosing connection almost every time I went to use it.

Got the new one  installed and  my PC computer moved upstairs as well ( My wife got a Apple so we no longer have to share.)

These scans are the first with the new setup.  Worked very easy.  Most of these books are  from the 4GEM collection being auctioned off at Heritage on a Weekly basis

Scan_0008.jpg

Scan_0009.jpg

Scan_0010.jpg

Scan_0007.jpg

Scan_0005.jpg

Scan_0006.jpg

Scan_0004.jpg

Scan_0003.jpg

Scan_0002.jpg

Scan_0001.jpg